...kind of hoping to be rejected.

MDLee

I don't know. I'd kind of prefer a history flavored nerd, but if I found one that I could at least have some interests in common with, that'd be good. I don't think I could really converse with a bio med student. :)

I don't know. I'd kind of prefer a history flavored nerd, but if I found one that I could at least have some interests in common with, that'd be good. I don't think I could really converse with a bio med student. :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love those history flavored nerd. Although. They're terrible for you. They're full of preservatives. :lol:

I have a bit of an opposite story...

My boyfriend and I attended college together in Maine, and I had a mini-crush on him in between all my other boyfriends/dates, and yet we didn't get to know each other until senior year, when we both wrote honors theses under the same advisor. Even then, we still didn't get involved until AFTER graduation - just before I moved out to Missouri and he moved to DC. We couldn't really last given the distance. A year later, I was moving back to Maine, and he was moving to New York City. We met up once (both of us were seeing others, and it was "just as friends") and realized we had to be together. We each broke up with our s/o's, said "fuck distance," and started dating anyway. Six hours apart from each other, we have been dating for a year and a half now.

And finally, I'm ready to leave Maine. I wouldn't want to just straight up move FOR my boyfriend, because I've got aspirations, so does he, and that would put a lot of pressure on us. But I've applied to grad schools -four of them. Two are in New York. And so, although I got into two top schools, I am STILL waiting impatiently because the two schools in New York are the two who have yet to reply. After 2 years, I'm ready to FINALLY live in the same city as my boyfriend. Can't the acceptance gods help me out a little bit, after all this time?

tigerontheprowl wrote:

I thought most of the posters here were females....

Why the eye roll?

MDLee

...puhleeeease tell me you [tigerontheprowl] applied to graduate schools just to get in with the hot chics...

[two pairs of crossed fingers & a crossed toe too]

MDLee

...puhleeeease tell me you applied to graduate schools just to get in with the hot chics...

[two pairs of crossed fingers & a crossed toe too]

...I'm confused.

Interesting situation. Personally, school comes first! I am in a relationship (3yrs) right now and there is a strong chance school will cause problems within the relationship since we both have difficulty with long distance relationships--we both are applying to schools that are in dif states. However, both of us know that education and career come before a relationship when youre not married or engaged.

Hope you can make both work for ya!!! ;-)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love those history flavored nerd. Although. They're terrible for you. They're full of preservatives. :lol:

Love can totally happen in grad school! I met and married my history flavored nerd about two years ago, and now we're both up in NYC working on PhDs. It can work! I promise!