Edinboro Online Program

IAsw

Thank you.  Still no word.  I'm hoping that you heard several days before me because you submitted your application earlier, and not because I was rejected and they are sending rejections after acceptances.  :/  The waiting continues to drive me crazy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!  I'm interested in either BU or EU.  Looks like I've missed the EU deadline though which means I wouldn't be able to apply until next year and attend Fall 2015, which is a long way off.  For BU, I could apply for next January.  What were your thoughts in deciding between the two programs?  Looks like EU is less expensive but you have to find your own field.  

Also, I have two kids and work.  I started my MSW at Univ of Texas Arlington a few years ago before moving to the Boston area and am ready to pick it back up again.  I think online is going to be the way to go for me because of the flexibility.  

Thanks!

I chose EU for a few reasons:

1.  I don't mind finding my own field because there are a lot of opportunities in my area.

2.  EU requires less field hours, which will hopefully allow me to have a job outside of school.

3.  EU is significantly less expensive and takes a little less time.

4.  I found out about my acceptance to EU in April, and I won't find out about BU until June.  I don't think EU can hold my spot that long for me to decide between the two.

5.  BU does have a synchronous component, and I did not want that to impact when I could do my field or job.

I think that to do BU's online program you have to live a certain distance away from Boston.  So you might want to check on what the distance is because you said that you moved to the Boston area.

• 1 month later...

Hello All!  I have been accepted to Edinboro as well.  Hello everyone!

Hey I have a question if anyone knows... The tuition page says:

GRADUATE (All fees are per credit hour)

Non-resident

Tuition (Online)

$486.20

Technology Fee

$31.00

Instructional Service Fee

$104.10

Does that mean that it actually costs $486+$31+104 = $617 per credit hour = $18,510 per year for a 30 hour year?  I am worried about making that work with my loan amount of $20k since I'll also need books, a new computer, an internet connection at the very least.

Tennessee,

Yay!  Another classmate.  :)

I think you are right; that is what it means, unfortunately.  Maybe you could figure out a budget for this summer to save some money for books? 

Have you joined the facebook group?  Someone posted a topic there about how financial aid works.  An interesting thing that came up is that you apparently have to ask them to use part of that $20k for your summer and winter courses, since it usually is just used for fall and spring.  I'm not sure how that works exactly, but it is something we will need to keep in mind.

The frustrating thing I have found is that it has been challenging (read: impossible) to find outside scholarships/loans. :(  I hope you have had better luck with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning to do one at my current place of employment (in a different dept. than the one I work in) and thought I had it all set but had to re-submit the proposal just today b/c my company had some requirements I was not familiar with till yesterday.  

I can't get into SCOTS to register for classes though yet and have submitted a "ticket" to tech support.

Edited by tennessee

• 6 years later...

Hi! I’m considering the online MSW regular standing at EU and wondering how you all enjoyed your experience? Would you recommend it? Do you feel like it was worth what you paid? Thank you!