UT Dallas

@Schatzie15 is a car necessary in Dallas? My cousin drove there last year and said it was a nightmare and the road rage just made everything worse. She even said that some of her classmates told her not to mess with drivers in Dallas because of the greater likelihood of ending up being shot.  

21 minutes ago, CBG321 said:

Did you guys get your advising emails?  It's getting real!  If so who is your academic advisor?

When did that come in? I just officially accepted this afternoon!

28 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Just a few hours ago, so if you just accepted might take a little while for them to assign one.  I accepted last week so still pretty quick, there is no rush to register though they said, which is nice.  

59 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

I got mine the next day! But since it's now April, more people might be accepting so it could take a little longer 

34 minutes ago, EESpeechie said:

I got mine the next day! But since it's now April, more people might be accepting so it could take a little longer 

Who did you get and did you already get started registering/picking classes?  I haven't had a real advisor...well actually ever, so this is a new process for me haha.  Glad to know we have that resource :) 

10 hours ago, CBG321 said:

Who did you get and did you already get started registering/picking classes?  I haven't had a real advisor...well actually ever, so this is a new process for me haha.  Glad to know we have that resource :) 

I'll PM you! 

2 minutes ago, gradgirl2016 said:

Hello! 

I'm going to UTD this fall too. I got Dr. Stillman as mine! Who did you get?

He sounds really nice via all the emails :)

Dr. Stillman was great when I met him! He'll be a good adviser.

I still haven't heard back about mine; the last thing I was told after I accepted was "We will send out information on advising and registration for fall soon." So for now, I'm still waiting.

1 minute ago, BamaBelle said:

Dr. Stillman was great when I met him! He'll be a good adviser.

I still haven't heard back about mine; the last thing I was told after I accepted was "We will send out information on advising and registration for fall soon." So for now, I'm still waiting.

Oh! Glad to know! I'm sure it's going to be great. 

Well, I've heard everyone there is super nice, so you'll get a good one too! 

15 minutes ago, gradgirl2016 said:

Hello! 

I'm going to UTD this fall too. I got Dr. Stillman as mine! Who did you get?

He sounds really nice via all the emails :)

Same here!  What kind of therapy are you interested in?  ? 

On April 10, 2016 at 10:01 PM, hopefulspeechie16 said:

@Schatzie15 is a car necessary in Dallas? My cousin drove there last year and said it was a nightmare and the road rage just made everything worse. She even said that some of her classmates told her not to mess with drivers in Dallas because of the greater likelihood of ending up being shot.  

A car is definitely necessary in Dallas. There is public transportation (DART rail and buses) but nothing comes directly to Callier Dallas, and when you have early morning practicums with maybe an hour between practicum (which could be in Richardson) and classes (at Callier Dallas) you don't want to take a chance with public transportation. Driving in Dallas is no worse than driving in any other major city (like Atlanta) in the U.S. I have NEVER ever heard of a "greater likelihood of ending up being shot" while driving, so I have no idea where that's coming from. There are areas of Dallas that I would advise avoiding, but I mean, every major city has that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, lindsay359! I sent my resume and transcripts to the following address:

COMD Program

UT Dallas/Callier Center

1966 Inwood Rd.
Dallas, TX 75235

Edited by ccran

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 9:11 AM, lindsay359 said:

CCran, you sent your resume? I didn't think UT Dallas looked at resumes.

I did! They don't require them, but I sent mine anyway - I had a lower GPA so wanted to explain all of my experience in more detail. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm applying for Spring 2017 as well. 
For the application I can just upload my unofficial transcripts to begin with, and then if they need official once I'm accepted I send those correct? Also, I thought there was a place on the application to put a resume... but we have to physically send it? 

If anyone currently in the program has any info or wants to let us know how it is that'd be awesome as well. UT-D is my #1 choice, so I'm hoping to get in.. I'm only worried about my GRE scores (154V, 152Q, 5.0AW), I emailed them and they said they don't really consider the AW which sucks for me because I did considerably well on that portion. Any advice?

10 hours ago, k_kismet said:

I'm applying for Spring 2017 as well. 
For the application I can just upload my unofficial transcripts to begin with, and then if they need official once I'm accepted I send those correct? Also, I thought there was a place on the application to put a resume... but we have to physically send it? 

Yes, send your official transcripts once you've been accepted, and a resume isn't required! I just sent one anyway in case it would help my application, but I don't even know if they looked at it. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, k_kismet said:

@BamaBelle @ccran @gradgirl2016 me again bothering on this post. I was wondering if any of you would feel comfortable or mind sharing what the tuition is for the program (out-of-state)
Thanks!

I am an in-state student, sorry! This may help you (although I'm not sure how accurate it is) - https://www.utdallas.edu/finaid/calculator/

• 1 month later...