University of Chicago

PETRAL6

Finally got up the nerve to send in my acceptance. Going to U Chicago next year for biopsychology and moving there in June (scary). Just wanted to see if there was anyone else heading there next fall.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mathias

UofC PhD in Finance here.

Have you got any good ideas about where and how to find good off-campus housing in Hyde Park?

A lot of the housing in Hyde Park is owned technically by the school. The other housing in the area is driven down by this, so everything is pretty reasonable. I would start by talking to the graduate housing office, if you want to live in Hyde Park.

• 10 months later...

I currently live in Hyde Park and I haven't had any problems. I have an apartment through the school that is wonderful. If you check the website for housing it has lots of info that will be helpful in deciding which area to live. Keep in mind that some of the apartments are furnished which makes moving much easier though a bit more expensive each month.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use