The NSF GROW - what to expect and when to expect it?

TheFlyingScholar

I may be able to get funding from my host regardless, so I'm pretty sure I'm going, but I haven't made any definite plans yet.

I may think of applying to EAPSI in the future though! But my prospective host country is in Europe, so not this year.

Edited by gellert

I thought we might hear something today as it's May 1. All I have on my side is radio silence. The waiting game continues.

Good to know.  Last year the date seemed to vary by country - did he say whether that would happen again this year?  I'm really glad I didn't apply to leave in June!

I just received an unofficial notification from the NSF that they are finalizing my reward, and that they needed some additional information for the Japanese agency. Looks like I'm going to Tokyo!

Glad to hear that they are rolling out the announcements for Japan, still waiting to hear about Norway. Its going to be a scramble since my purposed start date was June 1. Has anyone heard anything else?

Ive only got the unofficial notification that Im going to Japan. I still havent received an official letter so am unable to plan anything.

1 minute ago, bio0930 said:

Ive only got the unofficial notification that Im going to Japan. I still havent received an official letter so am unable to plan anything.

Did you get notified via email? Isn't the deadline by the end of May, so hopefully we should all hear this week. I was planning a June 1st departure, but that seems unlikely. I wish they would warn people not to plan for departure until at least July....Impatiently waiting....