Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Argentina ETAs, I would definitely expect some movement on the ETA list. I have a friend that applied to the ETA and was recommended, but she has since already decided that she wants to stay in her current city and take a stable job rather than head to South America. I'm not even sure if she was awarded the grant (my guess is should would have been a strong candidate though); regardless, with decisions coming in this late, my guess is that she's not the only person who already decided to commit to something else. 

I remember someone in the forum was waiting for Oman last week. Don't know if they've heard back

NOOOO!! I haven't heard back yet!! I'm still waiting to hear back from Oman!

THE KID GOT A (P); ARGENTINA!!!

Looks like my work email quarantined the email because it thought it was a virus! What a sick, sick joke! Best prank ever. I couldn't be more thrilled!

:D

To all the grant winners in the group....Have any of you received more information about the actual amount of funding you will receive? visa information? etc?  When would the Fulbright offices typically send that information out?

I got a letter stamped, signed, and sealed straight from my country several weeks ago with instructions on what to do next (basically had to sign some forms and mail them off to NYC and Spain). I should be getting login information to the official Fulbright Spain page that is supposed to have everything on it, when my form arrives back in Spain. Gotta wait till early June for the visa app because you can only apply up to 90 days before you leave, but I should start with the criminal background check I think...? Scanned in my medical form and release form last week as well. And should be doing my official transcript here in a few days. Idk it's all so complicated. Am I doing this right?

Edited by Neurovivor

I got a letter stamped, signed, and sealed straight from my country several weeks ago with instructions on what to do next (basically had to sign some forms and mail them off to NYC and Spain). I should be getting login information to the official Fulbright Spain page that is supposed to have everything on it, when my form arrives back in Spain. Gotta wait till early June for the visa app because you can only apply up to 90 days before you leave, but I should start with the criminal background check I think...? Scanned in my medical form and release form last week as well. And should be doing my official transcript here in a few days. Idk it's all so complicated. Am I doing this right?

I never got anything from spain :/ .......I just got a letter with what school I was placed in ...ok now I'm concerned 

I got an ETA to South Korea! I am getting increasingly excited for orientation and to meet fellow grantees. :)

Congratulations to everyone headed abroad! Best of luck to alternates and those reapplying for next year! 

Has anyone received a Study/Research Fulbright for one of the Small Pacific Island Countries: Fiji, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Kiribata, Tuvalu or Nauru?

It is not a very heavily supported Fulbright part of the world. I am an alternate for Solomon Islands

Thanks 

Edited by cocoa

I called about Macedonia today. They still have no idea when notifications will go out. I already know what I'm doing in the fall, but it would be nice to have some closure...

I called about Macedonia today. They still have no idea when notifications will go out. I already know what I'm doing in the fall, but it would be nice to have some closure...

That's wild. Good on you for going ahead with your plans. 

Yes!!! I want to visit Venezuela! It's on my list of countries. When does your grant start?

Slated to begin in mid-September and run through July. I haven't heard anything as to when the exact dates are quite yet.

I recently got an email from my regional director telling me to call him, but I officially got rejected a couple months back for an ETA to Thailand. Did anyone receive the same email?

I recently got an email from my regional director telling me to call him, but I officially got rejected a couple months back for an ETA to Thailand. Did anyone receive the same email?

This could be a good sign! Fingers crossed for you! Let us know the outcome!