Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Guess what, guys!!!!

I got the ETA grant for Russia after being an Alternate for what seems like forever. Kazan here I come!!! WOOOO!!

Congratulations! :D

Good to hear everyone's positive news! Especially since I've gotten the opposite. I sent a brief email just asking for an update, and I got the following:

"At this point it is not likely that we will be able to upgrade any alternates because the principal candidates have accepted their grant offers. That said, it is in the realm of possibilities that a principal could decline after accepting the award, but it is not a likely possibility."

So, time to re-sign my lease, and find a job that excites me half as much as the fellowship would have. Good luck to the other alternates!

Congratz, girl! :D  That's amazing news.  Maybe there is room for ooooooone more alternate to be converted to P status ;)

I really hope that there is! I'm wishing you luck!

Anyone else get a notice from Fulbright that their name was released in a press release today? 

Yep, I got that too. It's a generic form for you to give to press. They haven't made any releases on your behalf (I don't think). 

Are there any Fulbrighters who are planning on blogging on their adventure? Would you mind posting a link? I'd love to follow your experience! :)

Hey, Danielaface! I just started mine. Got the some of the bones up today, and will be blogging away in the weeks to come! :D

It's tamarasineinmoldova.wordpress.com

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/1/2014 at 8:39 PM, jeminab said:

Loooooong time lurker here - just found out I've been accepted for Mexico ETA! Subject line: Fulbright Applicant Status (P), received at 3:48PM CST. Feeling soso incredibly grateful for this opportunity!!

To all of those who are still waiting, best of luck!! To the alternates, you never know what's gonna happen next. And to those of you who weren't accepted, keep your chins up - I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. You made it to the finalist round for a reason, so that means you got something special in you, and you're bound to accomplish great things :)

Hi Jeminab! I know it has been a year but I found out today that I was accepted for the ETA in Mexico for next year!! I wanted to hear about your experience- if you have any tips or advice? The email gave me very little information so I'm just trying to figure all of it out! Thanks so much!