2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

This is for anyone who has been accepted to Pitt IGBP--It's my first choice, and I just had my interview weekend. I want to know so badly!! How long after your weekend did you hear? All the results seem to have happened on Mondays so I think I might hear on March 3...

Thanks!

I was at the first interview weekend at Pitt and it took about two weeks (I think 16 days to be exact) to get my acceptance call. However, they may be quicker for you since they're later in the applicant process.

I do remember someone I met getting their call about a week after their Pitt recruitment event, so that'll be more accurate probably. We both got our calls on a Tuesday.

Edited by Mabester

I'm assuming if I haven't heard from UMASS Medical School (Worcester) 2.5 weeks since my interview that I probably am not admitted? Since they usually tend to have a fast turnaround? The interview was so positive, I was super hopeful!

I wouldn't assume this. Chin up. I am currently waiting to hear back from a program that I know made their decisions 2 weeks ago (4 weeks since interview). I swear sometimes these things just get stuck on peoples' desks...

Edited by iheartplants

Biology

Just asking because I know the interview weekends were Jan 30 and this coming weekend.  That's for the programs in the medical center though so im not sure about their general bio program.  I applied to genetics, genomics, development

I'm assuming if I haven't heard from UMASS Medical School (Worcester) 2.5 weeks since my interview that I probably am not admitted? Since they usually tend to have a fast turnaround? The interview was so positive, I was super hopeful!

I'm in the same boat as you with Dartmouth. Trying to stay positive! :)

Don't know how much this matters, but I just called someone in the Caltech graduate studies office about the status of my application and was told to "expect a decision between now and the beginning of April."

And I asked her if this was even true of people (like me) that haven't gotten an interview or heard back ANYTHING at all, and apparently that's the case. I was also again told that not all options do interviews, even though I specified that I applied to the Biology Ph.D program from the beginning of my call....

Does anyone else think this is weird??

I called a couple weeks ago and got the same spiel. I've pretty much written them off my list because I don't think I'd have time to visit or even really think about their program before the deadline. Very strange indeed

I emailed two of the professors I connected with very well at Baylor Immuno, asking if they knew when I might hear back. The responses were:

"-----Thanks very much for the note.  As you are aware, I very much enjoyed
meeting with you as well. We have been interviewing international
candidates these last few weeks and, as far as I know, have not yet put
out any offers to anyone yet. I am copying John Rodgers [Director of the program] on this note so
that he is aware of your very sincere interest in the program. I hope to speak with you again soon."

and

"-----I was very impressed with you.  Hopefully you can hear from the immunology program very soon"

This all sounds semi-positive, it sounds like Immuno hasn't sent out any invites. But I am still waiting anxiously.

I emailed two of the professors I connected with very well at Baylor Immuno, asking if they knew when I might hear back. The responses were:

"-----Thanks very much for the note.  As you are aware, I very much enjoyed

meeting with you as well. We have been interviewing international

candidates these last few weeks and, as far as I know, have not yet put

out any offers to anyone yet. I am copying John Rodgers [Director of the program] on this note so

that he is aware of your very sincere interest in the program. I hope to speak with you again soon."

and

"-----I was very impressed with you.  Hopefully you can hear from the immunology program very soon"

This all sounds semi-positive, it sounds like Immuno hasn't sent out any invites. But I am still waiting anxiously.

I feel you on this; I'm in a similar position with UTHeath (which as I'm sure you know shares resources with Baylor). It's my top choice right now and we were supposed to hear back last week. I emailed one of the coordinators, but there has been no acceptances on the results page, so I guess I sit tight...

Molecular Medicine at U of Maryland and IPBS at Loyola U Chicago today. For both I just got the rejection after checking my status online or calling the program for a status update. No interviews, no news! I suppose its the end for me! :(

Edited by Signal transduction

Do you guys think most schools wait until interviews are over before sending the majority of offers?
I interviewed for Vanderbilt's QCB program a month ago and they have a second interview date this weekend...but I'm kind of worried that I haven't heard anything back. I know one person got accepted from the results...but is it possible they offered spots to the top people...and then wait for everyone else?

Do you guys think most schools wait until interviews are over before sending the majority of offers?

I interviewed for Vanderbilt's QCB program a month ago and they have a second interview date this weekend...but I'm kind of worried that I haven't heard anything back. I know one person got accepted from the results...but is it possible they offered spots to the top people...and then wait for everyone else?

Honestly, it varies from place to place. I've had schools send offers the day after, send offers before the next interview, send offers to only top picks and wait until the rest of interview weekends are done, and extend no offers until all the interview weekends are done. It's a wide spectrum. If you're anxious, you could call/e-mail the director.

Edited by mini0n01