2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

I'm going to University of Michigan (EEB department)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got my offer of admission and I accepted! 

Sooo excited, was my top choice!

Congrats!!! :D :D you're done with this whole process AND you got a happy ending!! 

For those worrying about schools that don't reply within a week, try to relax. One of my schools waited five weeks until I was accepted. The only people who learned of their acceptance were those who called ahead because they were in the running for another department.

For those worrying about schools that don't reply within a week, try to relax. One of my schools waited five weeks until I was accepted. The only people who learned of their acceptance were those who called ahead because they were in the running for another department.

Was that Maryland? I've heard that they are very slow with getting back to prospective students.

It seems like some people have already heard back from Mt Sinai (whether it is an offer or rejection). I have not heard anything yet, does it mean they are still looking at my file or are they just sending rejections in waves?

So someone posted an acceptance to UConn for "structural bio, biochem, and biophysics" saying they got in post interview. I googled the program since I didn't know it existed and apparently the biochemistry program is part of this, all under a MCB umbrella. But the grad coordinator told me there wasn't an interview process? Uh. Confusion. Haha. Any insight would be helpful!

Anyone got any news from Brandeis MCB program? They are really REALLY quiet.

I had an interview at the beginning of February and heard it was one of 5 recruitment weekends. I have not heard back from them though after the interview.

I was at the first interview weekend at Pitt and it took about two weeks (I think 16 days to be exact) to get my acceptance call. However, they may be quicker for you since they're later in the applicant process.

I do remember someone I met getting their call about a week after their Pitt recruitment event, so that'll be more accurate probably. We both got our calls on a Tuesday.

Thanks, I know the adcom is meeting today, but I just am tearing my hair out because it would make my life to go to this program for a lot of reasons, and I just WANT TO KNOW...

Thanks, I know the adcom is meeting today, but I just am tearing my hair out because it would make my life to go to this program for a lot of reasons, and I just WANT TO KNOW...

Quoted wrong one :P

Which program did you apply under? I know some are more competitive than others to get into, especially immunology. They generally take a good amount of their applicants and many of the first interviewees are probably sending declines of their invitations (I sent mine in end of last week)

Edited by Mabester

Which program did you apply under? I know some are more competitive than others to get into, especially immunology. They generally take a good amount of their applicants and many of the first interviewees are probably sending declines of their invitations (I sent mine in end of last week)

MVM (molecular virology and microbio). That's interesting, I thought they were umbrella admissions. But there were a lot of MVM hopefuls on my weekend... Ack. Nothing to do but wait. I haven't been this stressed since April my senior year of high school waiting to hear from the school I'm at now. I got really good vibes from all the profs I interviewed with and talked to at the faculty dinner, and have gotten positive responses to my thank-you emails, so I'm hopeful, but maybe that's a bad thing...

I had an interview at the beginning of February and heard it was one of 5 recruitment weekends. I have not heard back from them though after the interview.

I've been accepted to the Biochemistry and Biophysics program (Interviewed Feb 7).  Got an email from the grad college last week.  Hope this helps.

For those waiting on decisions from Princeton QCB, the coordinator says they should be sent out "within the next week or so." Apparently, an official meeting with the graduate school must occur before decisions are allowed to be sent out, and QCB's meeting isn't until next week.