"countdown to april 15th" thread

frankdux

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow the waiting should be over.

Did you really have to bold that? Makes it all seem much more fateful than it already was.

But in all seriousness, tomorrow is the earliest that some of us will hear. Not the latest. But I'm still really anxious. I'm supposed to be writing but I can't focus at all.

Assuming the response deadline for successful applicants is April 15th, is it common for someone ranked first on the waiting list to receive on offer of acceptance on April 15th?

I understand that this varies by department/school/year, but I'm looking for some happy endings to calm my nerves...

well I sure won' t claim parentship. But as long it keeps me from spaming my schools I don't care what I do.... ;)

Well, it was kind of bad manner :? from you.... You should say sorry, at least...

Assuming the response deadline for successful applicants is April 15th, is it common for someone ranked first on the waiting list to receive on offer of acceptance on April 15th?

I understand that this varies by department/school/year, but I'm looking for some happy endings to calm my nerves...

I have the same question. I am waitlisted at one of my top choices, and I know that one accepted person has not replied to the department yet. I hope he/she won't!! I was told that I may get some news tomorrow. I do have other funded offers, however, their deadline is not tomorrow, so I may have a chance. Has anyone actually ever gotten an offer of acceptance as a wailisted person on April 15th???

The wait is far from over for me. Accepted to one program, still no funding info... I called today and they said I wouldn't hear anything for a bit, if I get anything at all (which is looking unlikely). I'm wait listed at another program and still waiting to hear from another program. I have no real time line for how long I am going to remain in limbo... If I don't get funded anywhere, then I have to decide if I want to go into debt or if i wanna try this whole process again next year. ARGH!

This seriously sucks. I have images of being the only person still posting on this board in like May, lost and confused.

Well, waiting is over for me- got the answer I expected from the beginning, but at least the grad secretary was able to give me some specific points that I need to improve on (which classes I need to re-take), and she told me the GPA was my only issue. So yay but boo at the same time. lol

This seriously sucks. I have images of being the only person still posting on this board in like May, lost and confused.

I hear ya! I still heard absolutely nothing from my top choice. So annoying, I called once only to be provided with vague answers. I e-mailed well over a week ago and still nothing! nothing! I don't even know if decisions have been made, or if they sent out rejections/acceptance letters. It's going to be a long and confusing couple weeks. I'm definitely lost as well! :(