Masters in Occupational Therapy

cakescrew

Is anyone applying to any OT programs :) ?! and to those who have been accepted how would you rate the program. Its pretty difficult to find any helpful reviews regarding any of the OT programs out here. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,
I applied to OT this year and got accepted at McMaster Uni. But, I decided to turn it down because I wanted to do MPH.
However, OT is a great program option. There are tones of jobs in OT and high demand with an aging population. So it's a great choice! I had exposure to the field in a hospital placement I did. and it seems like an interesting field. 

Where are you applying? I know McMaster has great problem based learning strategies, but if you have time before you apply; you should definitely look into getting some exposure to OT and even talking with an OT. it'll help you make your decision as well as have something great to put on your resume:)

• 5 months later...

Hi! I am applying to Dalhousie's OT program for Sept 2014. I have also been having a hard time finding a forum for this profession. I have seen similar threads for Physio and OT on "premed 101". From what I can tell, it seems that OT is a bit less competive than Physio. I have been taking Physiology and Anatomy and I am wondering if they will be looking at my overall GPA from the last 2 years, or if they also place a high emphesis on these courses.

Edited by 2014 Appy

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone applying to any OT programs :) ?! and to those who have been accepted how would you rate the program. Its pretty difficult to find any helpful reviews regarding any of the OT programs out here. Thanks in advance.

I'm applying! And dying to know when schools are letting people know. I have an interview at Rush in Chicago, but that's the only school I've heard from. I know its a little early, but has anyone else heard back from a school?

• 5 weeks later...

There are many programs still accepting and this field is very competitive. It seems epically competitive if you have a GPA under 3.7 and don't have a substantial GRE score and many shadowing hours. Get started on it all early if you can. I found that out too late and my head is now spinning haha. However it is a great field and espically if you like kids and psychology (in my opinion) it is very rewarding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I applied to OT this year and got accepted at McMaster Uni. But, I decided to turn it down because I wanted to do MPH.

However, OT is a great program option. There are tones of jobs in OT and high demand with an aging population. So it's a great choice! I had exposure to the field in a hospital placement I did. and it seems like an interesting field. 

Where are you applying? I know McMaster has great problem based learning strategies, but if you have time before you apply; you should definitely look into getting some exposure to OT and even talking with an OT. it'll help you make your decision as well as have something great to put on your resume:)

Hi how is mcmaster university I was looking to apply for the masters in computer science program do they offer any scholarships like University of Toronto or Waterloo.

As of the OT program search ==> Masters in Occupational Therapy mcmaster review in Google you will find a review from otsweetpea.blogspot she shares her journey and interview details which are quite helpful

Thanks

Edited by vicky25

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have an opinion on a MOT program versus an MSOT program? 

I am applying to UNC-Chapel Hill, Lenoir Rhyne University, East Carolina (ECU), and a whole host of other programs through OTCAS. Some are designated as Master's of Occupational Therapy (MOT), and others are Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT). Wondering if an MSOT program has more research components and an MOT program is more of an experiential education. 

Would appreciate any tips on applying as well -- even this late in the game. Thanks!

-Molly

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...