Help!

keca4813

So I'm going to be a senior in the fall and have very little idea as to where to apply for grad school.  I know that I would like to do something like bio-organic / synthesis with applications.  I am getting a B.S in chemistry and will graduate with a 3.9/4.0 gpa, have done summer research at two different institutions, and have done research at my own institution for ~ 3 years.  I am just not sure where would be good places to apply for me.  Thanks!

It troubles me that someone who has had (what seems like) a ton of research experience like you wouldn't know where to apply.  How about your research interests? What journals/authors are you following? Wouldn't your research advisor(s) inform you of prominent researchers within your research interests? Where do you see yourself living happily for 5-6 years?... Do some homework before asking this  kind of super generic questions, please.

Ah, you'll definitely have to narrow it down a little more than that. Generally you should probably do some research on your own first, there are hundreds of schools out there and you really don't want someone to pick a school based when they only know one paragraph of information about you.

I'd look through some rankings perhaps, making your way down the list (since it will be organized I guess?). Look at the research at each school, the size, the area. Might give you a better idea of what type of school you'd be interested in. You'll at least be able to rule out lots of schools that way.

Might want to get started right away or applications will sneak up on you!