Study group online for GRE?

NavyMom

Hey ya'll.... sorry I am late getting on tonight.  :) 

Okay so what is this tinytime/tinytalk?   I haven't heard of this?    I am down for studying this weekend.  I want to get started too.

I discovered some good apps for android uses that help with vocabulary, if you are interested. 

Let me know!!!!  My email is tlcowgill@hotmail.com   I have access to it all day.

Did we specify the time zones for those times listed on the poll?

Well, the poll is on Pacific Time, so those not in that area need to add the hours in their head, not on the poll. It seems like you don't have to worry about that though because you're in California.

Well, the poll is on Pacific Time, so those not in that area need to add the hours in their head, not on the poll. It seems like you don't have to worry about that though because you're in California.

Oh okay.  I just wanted to make sure!!! 

Okay, I posted my available times.... I cannot do it Saturday, but I can on Sunday.   Saturday I volunteer half the day, and the rest of the day I am spending with my stepdaughter and family.

Sounds good to me.  Plus I have to set up that program too. 

In the meantime... not sure what cell service you have, but check out the app called "painless GRE".   It's a great tool in helping with vocab words.  It will give you little "tests" of 10 words, tells you the meaning and how to use it in a sentence.   Then it tests you by either multiple choice questions and fill in the blanks (testing your ability to spell it), and it's all timed.

Sounds good to me.  Plus I have to set up that program too. 

In the meantime... not sure what cell service you have, but check out the app called "painless GRE".   It's a great tool in helping with vocab words.  It will give you little "tests" of 10 words, tells you the meaning and how to use it in a sentence.   Then it tests you by either multiple choice questions and fill in the blanks (testing your ability to spell it), and it's all timed.

I've been using that app! Very useful.

I am focusing on one thing after another.  Right now, building up vocab.  I am soooo out of practice on all of it, that I just need to be thorough on all subjects.

I am focusing on one thing after another.  Right now, building up vocab.  I am soooo out of practice on all of it, that I just need to be thorough on all subjects.

Same. Although I think I might want to start practicing/studying for the math part but I really want to study for both.

Hi guys! I would really like to join you! I'm gonna have my general test in the end of September as well! I'm just trying to figure out the exact time of the following meeting!

Double Shot, I'm studying for GRE biochem, molbio , I've already registered for Oct, 19. Are you gonna take the same test or GRE Biology??

Hi guys! I would really like to join you! I'm gonna have my general test in the end of September as well! I'm just trying to figure out the exact time of the following meeting!

Double Shot, I'm studying for GRE biochem, molbio , I've already registered for Oct, 19. Are you gonna take the same test or GRE Biology??

Welcome!!

It looks like we're going to try and meet on tinychat, between 12-4 on Sunday (Pacific time). 

I haven't registered for my test yet, but I think in the next few weeks, depending on how I feel that my studies are coming along, I might just go ahead and do it.

12 Pacific time works great for me! I just need to get myself familiar with tinychat) 

Jeah, it's really depending on how one feels. As for me I'm preparing for almost 2 month day by day, and I can't actually say that I'm kind of advanced test taker...no-no, espessialy with vocabulary(

I have ben working on vocabulary now.  Picking ten words at a time, writing them out, and defining them.  This helps me retain it a little more.

I am looking at a possible test date of Sept 21st.  Do you think that is a reasonable amount of time to study for this test?

I've a similar strategy. So I write 20 new gre words (in alphabetic order) in my vocabulary, and then make flashcards and just repeat-repeat-repeat. Enormously boring thing(

12 Pacific time works great for me! I just need to get myself familiar with tinychat) 

Jeah, it's really depending on how one feels. As for me I'm preparing for almost 2 month day by day, and I can't actually say that I'm kind of advanced test taker...no-no, espessialy with vocabulary(

Tinychat is really easy to use. We'll be using my tinychat room tinychat.com/mypetitmal. It works like skype, you can "start broadcasting" to talk or turn on your cam.

Tinychat is really easy to use. We'll be using my tinychat room tinychat.com/mypetitmal. It works like skype, you can "start broadcasting" to talk or turn on your cam.

OK, thanx. Do I need to register there?

I've a similar strategy. So I write 20 new gre words (in alphabetic order) in my vocabulary, and then make flashcards and just repeat-repeat-repeat. Enormously boring thing(

Hey Etien, even tho i'm not an instructor or any kind of expert on GRE vocab, but I have to say you're going about it the wrong way. I started my prep this way but it didn't produce any worthwhile results. Plus it was so mind-numbingly boring that I lost motivation after a couple of weeks.

Here's a strategy that u might want to try: Get hold of any good vocab book or ebook and start learning new words, in context, instead of going through them alphabetically. That'll be much more fun (or at least it won't bore u to death). The revised GRE tests you more with the contextual knowledge of words rather than the quantity of words in your arsenal. A huge difference from the old GRE.

Just my 2 cents. :)