2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

The department chair of UH Geophysics told me that currently they have too many students, so they have to cut down the enrollment this year. If you don't have a good contact with particular professors, no matter how qualified you are, you will not be admitted.

Same as me. What is next step?

I still plan to apply 3 schools for 2015 fall and in the meanwhile I will be preparing for graduate school entrance exam in China in case   my application failed again.

I got rejected from Houston. If anyone is waitting on Texas A&M this is the email I got from them.

"Thanks for your inquiry. Indeed we have our offers out and are waiting to hear back. At this point, there is only a small chance that additonial offers will be made. We keep all applications open until May 31 just in case something opens up.
Mark."

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else still waiting to receive notices? I have already accepted the offer from a program, and I realize by this point it probably means rejection, but I am still waiting to hear from OK State, CO State, and KU. I know people have already been accepted to CO State, so I am not sure why I have not received any rejections yet. 

• 1 month later...

And the Oklahoma State rejection came in today, good thing I got the balls up to apply for UT, I ended up getting into my "long shot" and getting denied from other schools that I thought I had a far better chance.

And the Oklahoma State rejection came in today, good thing I got the balls up to apply for UT, I ended up getting into my "long shot" and getting denied from other schools that I thought I had a far better chance.

So, you are finally admitted into UTAustin, but got rejections from other universities which are less competitive than UTAustin. Congratulations, but also incredible! Do you find out the reason? 

Same with me, A&M and Oklahoma in the mail. I got in no where, but congrats! Guess I'll be applying for jobs now and hoping for spring semester.