NDSEG 2013-2014

InquilineKea

Did anyone else not get this email? I checked that my app was submitted and my contact info was correct....

Did you check a spam folder or something?  Honestly as long as it says you submitted and whatnot, I wouldn't be too worried about it.  Sometimes when emails are sent by automated systems (which I'm assuming this was) they can take awhile to arrive, for whatever reason.

Anyone here have an idea about the number of awards and chances?

My only hope is that being in the military is a benefit.

If I remember correctly, it varies WILDLY field to field. For Biosciences (where I applied instead of ME, stupidly) it's like < 5% whereas for some other fields (like Aero?) it's more like 15%

Thank you for your service!!!!

No thanks required. I'm not involved in combat or anything so I sometimes feel awkward when people thank me. But I do appreciate it.  

Hopefully everyone gets some good news this week.

Just called and it looks like this week is considered to be the 2nd week of April. Keep your fingers crossed!

Just called and it looks like this week is considered to be the 2nd week of April. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for doing that.

Where are people finding the funding rates for the various fields, the link on the NDSEG webpage is broken?

Because I might as well share my obsessing over minor changes in the NDSEG site, I'll note that now, if you try to login to ndseg.asee.org/award, the error is now "Could not log in" rather than saying the username or password is incorrect, which is what it said yesterday. It remains exceedingly silly to read meaning into minor site changes, but I want to believe that this points to results happening soon!

Because I might as well share my obsessing over minor changes in the NDSEG site, I'll note that now, if you try to login to ndseg.asee.org/award, the error is now "Could not log in" rather than saying the username or password is incorrect, which is what it said yesterday. It remains exceedingly silly to read meaning into minor site changes, but I want to believe that this points to results happening soon!

Mine still says "Incorrect password". Also, if I go here: https://ndseg.asee.org/award/awardees/, it says I've declined the award.... :unsure:

Does anyone know the typical announcement time for it from previous years? Like the NSF is usually in the middle of the night after the site goes down...

Also, did anyone apply for the SMART as well? I know there's a forum for it, but I like this forum better...is there a blog for it on here? i just figured if you applied for NDSEG, you probably applied for SMART..

OK, to make *sure* I wasn't entering a wrong password, I RESET my password and tried again. Still "Either the email address or the password you entered is incorrect."

Is it still telling you that? You're not the only obsessive person :)

Ok, so I just looked up info from past years and it looks like there's a trickle of acceptances.  The site goes from nobody being able to log in to people who were awarded being able to log in small amounts at a time...that's mainly how people found out. Emails didn't go out for several days.  

Anyone find something different?  If not, I guess we'll just keep trying to log in occasionally! 

Dear 2014 NDSEG Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that your application is still being considered for an award. As part of this process, you will be notified by our team once the Department of Defense has made their final decision. Please be advised that the NDSEG Program Team at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is the only entity that can officially inform you of your award status. This e-mail is not a promise of an award.

If you have any questions, please contact us at ndseg@asee.org.

Sincerely,

The NDSEG Fellowship Program Team at ASEE

Just got this email, did everyone get it?  Maybe they're getting overwhelmed by emails and questions...

We are pleased to inform you that your application is still being considered for an award. As part of this process, you will be notified by our team once the Department of Defense has made their final decision. Please be advised that the NDSEG Program Team at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is the only entity that can officially inform you of your award status. This e-mail is not a promise of an award. 

If you have any questions, please contact us at ndseg@asee.org.

Sincerely,

I got that email also

Just got this email, did everyone get it?  Maybe they're getting overwhelmed by emails and questions...

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

I also got this message.   Does this mean that we will not find out for sure by the end of the week?  This could be what they meant we would find out in the 2nd week of April.