Fall 2014 MSW Applications

U-M_Detroiter

Yes, I attended.

I added my references a while ago and one has confirmed that she received the information from UCLA. Where did you hear that they wouldn't get it?

Essay format.

I actually emailed MSW admissions and they said not to submit any paper work until application was completed. So I figured it included the references for letter of rec. I might have understood wrong. Have you submitted your official transcripts?

I submitted my transcripts about two weeks ago. I guess I will call tomorrow to find out if I will need to resend or if they have them. I am finalizing and submitting app tonight. ahhh!

Yea definitely and let us know what they tell you  :) I am in the same exact process! Just revising personal statement. What field are you applying to and what concentration?

Yea definitely and let us know what they tell you  :) I am in the same exact process! Just revising personal statement. What field are you applying to and what concentration?

Submitted!  On to the next...

Will do. MICRO, Mental health - you?

Submitted!  On to the next...

Will do. MICRO, Mental health - you?

Ahhhh good luck! I will also be doing micro-mental health and also interested in working with youth. Did you receive your bachelors in social work?

Ahhhh good luck! I will also be doing micro-mental health and also interested in working with youth. Did you receive your bachelors in social work?

I attended the diversity fair. I hope both of you are doing okay with the app because it feels like a stressful month so far ): uhh lol

I attended the diversity fair. I hope both of you are doing okay with the app because it feels like a stressful month so far ): uhh lol

Hi! Yes, yikes!

Edited by Ardnas058

for california state schools, do you think we should call if our university applications are "complete" but we have not yet been "referred to dept"?

What do you mean? Did you submit (online) application? For csulb, you have to wait for the student ID to submit paper app.

Hi. Yes, I submitted the online "Mentor" application and received my student ID. I also submitted the paper app. When I go online to check the status of my application, I see that I have not yet been "referred to the department". The University considers your application "incomplete", "complete", or even better "referred to department" and the best of all "admitted." Should I be alarmed if I am just "complete" but not yet "referred"? Thanks!

Sounds like they received it, but has not yet been reviewed. I don't think you should be alarmed over that. If you recently submitted your app, they will prob take a bit longer to provide a response. In any case, u should call to verify, if that will ease up your verves.

• 2 weeks later...

I also recently applied to CSU Chico, Cal State LA , and UCLA this week. I'm intending to finish CSUF before the January 31st deadline, and then Long Beach before their deadline too. 

Hopefully somebody will let me in their program.  :mellow:  :rolleyes:

hi everyone, I'm pretty new here but I have applied at a few MSW programs as well, and am waiting to hear back! I applied at University of Wisconsin Green Bay, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Aurora University and Augsburg College. Very anxiously waiting to hear back! 

I'm nervous because my gpa is...well, not something to be cocky about. I have some reasons why it suffered, but I really tried not to dwell on that in my application...didn't want to sound like a victim and I didn't want to give them the impression that these reasons are still affecting me. 

I am appying for foundation standing as I am a Psychology major, and my major gpa is a 3.4 and my upper-level credit gpa is darn close to a 3.7 so I'm hoping that they will take that into account as well--I pointed these other numbers out in my gpa explanation for Augsburg.

I interned with Child Protective Services and have worked for over a year in psychosocial rehabilitation as well as with autistic kids so I'm hoping my experience will be a plus.

Just wanting to know when people hear back from their schools! Green Bay and Oshkosh just said that we will hear back in early spring, Aurora is rolling admissions so I haven't gotten any date and Augsburg didn't say when I'd hear back.

Hi all - Hope everyone is surviving the MSW application process! I was recently accepted to Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL). I applied for early decision (submitted on Dec.15th) and was admitted on Jan. 16th. I have my scholarship interview this Thursday. I'm really interested to see what type of funding they offer me!

It's so exciting to see how everyone is going into the same field as mine. I applied to BC,BU, and Simmons. All in Massachusetts because I have a job here. I wish I could apply to SJSU and some CSUs since I had my undergrad from SJSU.

Anyone will be working while attending school at the same time?

I have applied to Columbia, NYU, BC, BU, Fordham, and WashU. I have not heard back from any of them. Does anyone know when the admission decision for these schools is usually reached? / Has anyone heard back from these schools? The anticipation is killing me haha. 

Waiting.....waiting......waiting.....checking email four times a day now and the submitted application sites......even though they both said around early March....waiting.  Anybody heard anything recently?

It's so exciting to see how everyone is going into the same field as mine. I applied to BC,BU, and Simmons. All in Massachusetts because I have a job here. I wish I could apply to SJSU and some CSUs since I had my undergrad from SJSU.

Anyone will be working while attending school at the same time?

Yes!  I am going to be working at my current postion as a case manager/mental health counselor full time.  I'm going for UIC's and U of C's extended evening programs (third year full-time).  It will be tough, but I am more than ready!  I'm glad someone else is in the same boat!  I am also lucky, because living in the Chicago area there are many wonderful MSW programs, the majority of which do PM study.