PHD Bioengineering/Biomedical engineering applications Fall 2014 profiles

T.J

Received an invite to interview via email from MIT BE this morning! The interview weekend is March 7 and 8th. My first official one!

Congrats on your MIT :) interview. March seems long ways away.  

Just got an email to check clemson website for official admission offer and that they wont be sending a physical mail. Accepted the conditional admission :) . Still waiting on funding. I guess I have a place to go finally if nothing turns up !

Yeah, long wait, but at least I have hope!  By the way, I entered my stats on the Results page, but they aren't showing, how did you get yours to show?

Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (MIT) BE, PhD (F14) Interview via E-mail on 6 Jan 2014 A 6 Jan 2014
  • 3 yrs research experience, 2 summer REU's and one summer industry internship

I copy pasted. I assume this is you? In "Submit your results" section, I entered my GRE, Native/International status, TOEFL, etc... I assume that you tried these and it did not show up regardless? If so, I don't know if perhaps there was a bug and if you entered your captcha wrong it did not enter your stats but still lets you post your results?

I would advise you to try it again and in the notes indicate that you are the same person who posted below and you are entering your stats.

Yo T.J I applied to CMU and UPitt the biomedical engineering department , have you heard from them ?

No Haven't heard anything so far. Mailed CMU and they said my application is still under review (as it says in the online website). I suspect that we may start to hear something by early Feb. Think, the month of Feb is the time for BME results. Where else did you apply?

I applied to the joint cmu pitt computational biology program as well .Due to family reasons, I am limited to Pittsburgh Area.

I see, well good luck on the applications. The waiting game is quite unnerving. 

I see, well good luck on the applications. The waiting game is quite unnerving. 

Thank you , and for your too. FEB it is

. haha the funny thing is that i know for a fact , that the results are going to be out in FEB or later , and i know they will send me an email if the application status change however i cannot help it but to refresh the application page. on the other hand the UPitt BME program gave me a website where i can check my status different than the application site.

Good luck this weekend at your interview TJ! Kill it!

Atleast looking forward to eat a lot of Hershey Chocolates :D !

Edited by T.J

Sometimes there is a stray early one and it is usually a contact with a PI and not the blanket invite email, at least that is what I am hoping the Duke one is! I am hoping to hear from Duke and Michigan this week, but I think the rest will be end of March early Feb.

Good luck everyone....ahhh the waiting......

The wait is unnerving... Its only Monday afternoon lol

right ?

on a funnier note , on Friday i received an email from one of the Universities ( CMU ECE )  i applied to , my heart started racing , i went blind , i did not even read the title. I opened the email . it was saying that they need more biographical information to start reviewing my acceptance.

Well at least I know they just started reviewing the application after 1 month of applying.

I see Duke BMe candidates have posted that they have been contacted about interviews, nothing for me I guess.

Also I see one person was contacted yesterday by Michigan.

I'll give it to the end of the week, then giving up on these two... booo!

I see Duke BMe candidates have posted that they have been contacted about interviews, nothing for me I guess.

Don't assume anything , there are single entries with no patterns. last year duke mass acceptance/rejection were in the middle of February have heart my friend

Last year UMich gave 2 interview weekends, one in Feb and one in March. I am almost positive the 2nd group didn't get notice until prob early to mid Feb. For the 1st group, I think they got notice sometime around the end of January because us current BME grads got asked around that time to take the prospectives out to lunch. So I wouldn't give up hope yet.