NSERC 2014-2015 anybody???

snowshoes

Got my PGS-D rejection today in NY. Dated March 19th, like the others.

Does anyone know if this is an outright rejection and I have no chance of finding out later in June that bc of extra monies that I can get it?

Question for the successful applicants: how thick was the envelope w/ the award letter? How many pages were in it? Did you receive a score out of 30?

The envelope was not very thick.  If I recall correctly, it had 2 (maybe 3?) pages it in.  There was no score.  The first page had the congrats blurb, on the back it said what your award was, and then there was 1 (or 2) pages about policies and online forms.

The envelope was not very thick.  If I recall correctly, it had 2 (maybe 3?) pages it in.  There was no score.  The first page had the congrats blurb, on the back it said what your award was, and then there was 1 (or 2) pages about policies and online forms.

Great, thanks for the info (I'm a SSHRC applicant ).

Been lurking on here for a while hoping to allay my NSERC anxiety.

Alas, today I received word from Ottawa that I had been awarded a CGS-D3 (yay!), which took the form of two crisply folded, white 8.5 x 11" pages, dated March 19, 2014, contained within an illustrious brown recycled-paper envelope. Sadly, since I have taken up study at a "foreign" university, this award will be commuted to a still respectable PGS-D3. 

Best of luck folks,

Canadian in Boston.

Been lurking on here for a while hoping to allay my NSERC anxiety.

Never a good idea!  The thread 2 years ago was pretty ridiculous: people trolling and saying they had gotten things in the mail in early March, hundreds of posts a week, etc.  I think I lost a couple years off my life (but I learned from it).

Congrats on the CGS (PGS)!  Maybe NSERC will throw that CGS my way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I also received a PGS-D. I got my letter on the 28th and it was dated March 19. Very excited as I have never won anything that large. Still a long way to go to fund my PhD but I'm really happy.

naslund19- there are still people who turn down their awards so there is still a sliver of hope!

Congrats to all the other successful applicants.

Hi guys,

Congratulations on all the applications.

I was wondering, has your application status changed upon receiving an acceptance or rejection letter in the application page?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Congratulations on all the applications.

I was wondering, has your application status changed upon receiving an acceptance or rejection letter in the application page?

Thanks

No, your application status will not change (mine still said "received" after a rejection last year and acceptance this year).

• 1 month later...

NSERC PDF waitlist update: I got an email saying I have been identified as a meritous candidate for the visiting fellowship (a path I am not interested in pursuing at this time). According to the tick-box explanation they only do this if you are unsuccessful with the PDF application, so I expect a rejection letter.

Is there any reason to think that that this email is not just a negative omen?

Has anyone else on the waitlist heard anything definitive?

• 2 weeks later...