Rutgers

lingapplicant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't made my final decision yet, but I'll likely be heading to the New Brunswick campus for the library and info studies program. I don't really know much about the New Brunswick area. Any thoughts? Quality of life? If I don't bring my car, how easy is it to get around using public transportation?

Hi folks,

I have got into the Communication and information studies program. (MCIS) at Rutgers, New Brunswick. What are the accomodation options that I can consider? Any seniors students from Rutgers here to offer some suggestion?

Hello,

I completed my undergrad a year ago at Rutgers, and still live in the area. I would be more than willing to offer people any insight about the New Brunswick area, life around Rutgers, etc. PM me if you have any questions.

-Jeff

I went to Rutgers for 4 years without an car and found it very easy to get around, especially if you live on the college ave campus where most things seem to be going on. Grad student housing isnt paticularly great from what I have heard, but I lived off campus the majority of the time and enjoyed it. Feel free to ask any other questions- I had a very positive experience at Rutgers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am moving to New Brunswick to do my PhD in Communication at Rutgers this August! Very excited about the school/campus.

If anyone has a chance, I just posted a few questions about living arrangements/specific apartment complexes on the "City Guide - New Brunswick" board (didn't know how strict they are on this site about cross-posting). I would appreciate any advice/comments you might have for me!

Steve

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the x-posting

To anyone who is still reading this:

Would anyone be interested in forming a karate club? (the style would be Shotokan, which has become the mainstream form of traditional karate. it is not a form of mixed martial arts.) My husband who was a karate instructor in Japan (mad skills by the way) wants to have a university class. We are down the road at Princeton and for various reasons can't make one here. He's more than happy to teach beginners and those with no experience at all, but obviously since I'm not a student I don't have any contacts at Rutgers yet.

Anyway, if anyone at all has any interest, please, please PM me!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use