Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans - 2014/15

Yellow Magnet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm not a 2014 applicant, but I plan to apply for the next round. do any of you know where I could find some sample essays?

I'm planning to also apply for next year but I feel that for this specific fellowship, sample essays won't help. It seems like they are looking for people who can describe their immigrant experience as well as possible and directly correlate it to their drive and success.

I'm planning to also apply for next year but I feel that for this specific fellowship, sample essays won't help. It seems like they are looking for people who can describe their immigrant experience as well as possible and directly correlate it to their drive and success.

That is the sense I get. It is just that the topic seems to broad...Oh well! It a (very) long shot anyway, but I figured I'd try eventually. Thanks!

Huh? What do you mean? Had you not heard of the Soros before?

Yes...that is correct. Is that surprising?  :huh: I clicked because I wanted to learn more. 

Edited by i.am.me

Yes...that is correct. Is that surprising?  :huh: I clicked because I wanted to learn more. 

I didn't mean it in a judgmental way. I was just trying to verify I understood your meaning. Since these forums aren't face-to-face, sometimes  I get a bit confused as to which specific things people are referring to. 

Of course you should explore the forums to learn more about potential programs!

• 3 weeks later...

looking at the profiles of successful applicants from previous years, it would appear that my chance at this is negligible. not going to waste my time.

These applicants are all going for MDs, JDs, or PhDs! I hope I'm competitive enough...