Applying for Neuroscience/Neurobiology Ph.D. programs for Fall 2014

RetJitter

UCLA sent out interview invites last night

Could you please check your application status at https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/newapp/Login.asp?topage=AdmissionStatus.asp ? I am wondering, what is in the Application Status column. Is it different from Submitted?

All, who applied to UCLA, please also check the status. Mine is Submitted and I don't know what that means. I suppose that it was not even opened yet. But what do I know?

Edited by Solnce

Could you please check your application status at https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/newapp/Login.asp?topage=AdmissionStatus.asp ? I am wondering, what is in the Application Status column. Is it different from Submitted?

All, who applied to UCLA, please also check the status. Mine is Submitted and I don't know what that means. I suppose that it was not even opened yet. But what do I know?

My application status just says 'submitted' and I got an interview invitation this weekend. Don't give up hope yet!

Did anyone here apply to Caltech's Neurobiology program? The website indicates that it's a pretty new program. Historically I think that people usually apply to their Computation & Neural Systems program, but I was afraid that I lacked the computational background for that.

Did anyone here apply to Caltech's Neurobiology program? The website indicates that it's a pretty new program. Historically I think that people usually apply to their Computation & Neural Systems program, but I was afraid that I lacked the computational background for that.

Just finished applying. I also saw that this is the first year for the program. I'm probably being naive but let's hope that increases our odds - good luck to you!

Where you gettin that stat...haha

I was on the phone with Debbie Walters and she told me that they only had 16 people apply in total. I had given her my name and asked her if she needed any other information to make sure she had the right person. She said there aren't many of you so it shouldn't be a problem. Bad news is that they won't tell me how many spots they have open for graduate students. :(

Another thing that concerned me with MUSC was their funding. They only fund you the first 12 months. Look at answers to question 7 and 8. 

http://www.musc.edu/grad/admissions/faq.html

UT Austin Peeps...

They are gonna send out invites today. I actually called them today and they told me if I was gonna get an invite or not. They must have already gone through all the apps I supposed to give such a definate answer. 

Good luck to all! 

I heard from a professor from OSU last week. It was just an informal phone meeting though; official interview invitations should go out before the holidays she said.

A bit disheartened to hear of some interview invites from MSU and U of M, since those are two on my list and I haven't heard anything yet. Congratulations to you though!

I heard from a professor from OSU last week. It was just an informal phone meeting though; official interview invitations should go out before the holidays she said.

A bit disheartened to hear of some interview invites from MSU and U of M, since those are two on my list and I haven't heard anything yet. Congratulations to you though!

Yeah, I haven't heard from MSU either. Sometimes I feel this website can be a bit depressing in that sense. :(

Update: Just called MSU: all the invites haven't been sent yet. They will be done by the end of the week. 

Edited by neuropatholover