GRE Q155 V157. geography

seas

So i took the gre and scored 155 on math and 157 on v

I am applying to a few MS geography (GIS) programs. gpa - 3.9, a few internships and research experience

ps i am considering Ohio State, U of Georgia, U of Alabama, Arizona State and a few others

what are my chances with these gre scores?

• 1 month later...

Just make sure that you highlight your research experience including any possible publications.  GREs are typically used to thin the pack and you're above average.  I don't know if that helps, but I'm in the same boat.  My GRE scores are above average but not spectacular. 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 2:35 AM, shariful said:

@geographyrocks  could you please just say what are the average gre score for geography programs in details please, that would help i think at least in case of retake.

I'm sorry, but that just isn't possible with the variability of each program.  The most often stated minimum is 300, but that is only what most grad programs require and does not reflect what the departments themselves prefer. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2016 at 3:38 AM, geographyrocks said:

I'm sorry, but that just isn't possible with the variability of each program.  The most often stated minimum is 300, but that is only what most grad programs require and does not reflect what the departments themselves prefer. 

Grateful to you! could you then what is the average AWA score of GRE if this score matters.Infact I am with V150,Q159,AWA2.5. My AWA was an accident since I did not able to concentrate for some time so the first part of the AWA was a bullshit! Please guide how to make-up this low AWA if this is important!