Does the works cited page count in the page count?

JPWickwire

My grad school of choice wants a 15-20 page writing sample (I'm applying for English Literature). I have a paper that's just over 19 pages, with a two page works cited list. Is it cool to go ahead and submit this, or do I need to summarize the first two pages in order to fit the works cited page in? I really don't want to screw anything up.

Alternatively, I can make the entire paper 11.5 pt font, instead of 12 and everything fits no problem, but I'm afraid that will be noticeable and they'll think I was trying to be sneaky. :/

Help? 

I don't believe the works cited will count as one of the pages. You could also just include it right at the end of the essay, rather than making it a separate page.

I would ask a professor/someone in admissions just to confirm. This is a simple yes/no question you can get a reply back for right quick. 

I did end up calling this school, and they said to go ahead and submit the whole thing. Kind of made it sound like a 2 page buffer zone was common. Now I just have to figure out how to address the page in MLA and I'll be fine. XD