Anyone applying to Lee Kuan Yew School, Singapore?

AsiaPolicy

Hi, i took the Math and Verbal diagnostic exams yesterday and had my interview.

I think I got half of the Math questions wrong. I read a post here saying it was Algebra and below but they must have changed it because mine included differentiation, combinations, geometry, variance, etc. I went into cold.

I think I did well on my interview but I'll need my GRE Math score (which was pretty good) to cancel out my awful diagnostic score otherwise, I am toast.  

Oh good lord! i haven't done much of Math after school o_O

Had my interview today. How much notice do they give for the quant test?

I was under the impression that interview and quant test happen together. Is it possible that quant test is not done for all applicants (say for those who have quant undergrad training)

Also by what date was your application complete (in all respects including recos, scores etc)? How long a notice did u get to prep for interview?

Thanks.

Edited by nandanroom

• 2 weeks later...

@all: did anyone else hear from LKY (apart from @AdamSmith123) ?

unfortunately no. I complete all required document on January 15th but didnt hear anything yet until now. how about you?

India, and was asked to report to Delhi. I have to intimate them about my availability by today but I am still contemplating whether to pass this up and go to Hertie where I have been accepted. Seriously impressed by their faculty and academic setup. Any thoughts anybody?

India, and was asked to report to Delhi. I have to intimate them about my availability by today but I am still contemplating whether to pass this up and go to Hertie where I have been accepted. Seriously impressed by their faculty and academic setup. Any thoughts anybody?

Unfortunately, even i have very little info abt LKY. I tried but couldn't get hold of any current student/alumni? I wanted to know if the school is really good in any particular policy areas and also the career outcomes of LKY grads (given that the website has little info on that). The only thing i know/heard is the vague phrase that the school has an asia focus. Do let us know the interview details if you attend it. Thanks.

Unfortunately, even i have very little info abt LKY. I tried but couldn't get hold of any current student/alumni? I wanted to know if the school is really good in any particular policy areas and also the career outcomes of LKY grads (given that the website has little info on that). The only thing i know/heard is the vague phrase that the school has an asia focus. Do let us know the interview details if you attend it. Thanks.

Precisely, the Asia focus is what is sort of making me second guess this. Nevertheless, seems very bleak that I make it for the interview. Will let you know if I manage to do so.

Am glad i found a place with other applicants for the program.

I received notice on friday to do tests today. 

Its a bit strange thoughas i have yet to be notified about the interviews. From what am reading here, most people get to do the interviews first

@bestero and RumMeister can you plz update the status of your tests/interview. Any other applicant who has received notice for interview/tests is also requested to update his status

I did the tests last Sunday (23rd). They werent very long. Like i said, i am still waiting to get notified on the interviews and thus was surprised to get notified about the test

I did the tests last Sunday (23rd). They werent very long. Like i said, i am still waiting to get notified on the interviews and thus was surprised to get notified about the test

Can you plz guide what type of questions were asked in the tests.

Can you plz guide what type of questions were asked in the tests.

The guidelines stated something about basic skills at high school level. They send these to you when they invite you for the test and so you should know how to prepare. As long as you think at around GRE level, you'll be ok.

Am getting itchy about the interviews. anybody else been invited for those?

Edited by bestero

I just received their email today. Based on their email, I think for Indonesian candidates (or maybe for those who located in Jakarta), they schedule the test and the interview at the same time (8 March).

@bestero No body can be of sure what is the weightage of interviews and tests. I think they conduct tests/interview for most of the applicants who fulfil basic eligibility requirements.

@bestero and RumMeister can you plz update the status of your tests/interview. Any other applicant who has received notice for interview/tests is also requested to update his status

Hey, apologies but I do not frequently visit the forum. Nevertheless, I passed up on my in-person interview which was to be in a different city, and the scheduled date left me with limited time to travel because of the shortness of the notice.

I wrote to them and was scheduled a Skype Interview and tests over mail on the 3rd of March (Monday). I sort of bombed the interview because I was travelling in a rural area and my mobile internet wasn't exactly up to video call, or for that matter, audio call standard. They eventually had to call on my handheld to finish my interview.

Got done with the tests afterwards and awaiting decision now.