Anyone applying to Lee Kuan Yew School, Singapore?

AsiaPolicy

I hadn't heard anything from LKY so I logged onto the application portal and found that my status had been labeled "Rejected." Anyone still waiting on a decision from them may want to check online.

same here. I logged in based on ur input. Mine has also been updated to Rejected. Don't know what they were looking for :)

Thanks for the information. I checked and even my status says "Rejected"! The "cat on the wall" business was so mentally exhausting. So closure is a relief.   

hey, havent heard anything yet.

did you take the test and interview in person?

Not yet.

I took the test and interview on 8 March. During the interview I asked about when will we receive any news from them.

They said they will make decision on early April and let us know at the latest Mid April.

I just received an email notifying that I have been accepted to the program, but no news on the scholarship. Anybody heard anything different?

Offered admission today through email as well. Offer included funding details. 

Edited by bestero

@bestero @RumMeister congratulation for both of you! anyway, what program did you applied?

Thanks. I applied for the MPP and originally was told to expect to hear something in April, around 2nd week.

Hello all,

I've applied for the MPA'14 (and indicated that I would like to also be considered for the MPP). I've contacted the office but just got the routine replies ('you will know by the end of April'). Not sure what to really make of my application status. 

For some context, my background in short - I've a private sector background (8+ yrs in technology + consulting), worked in Europe/US and now in Singapore. Did my education in the middle east, and university in India (Computer Science - GPA ~3.1/4). Have some experience in urban governance working with a non-profit but otherwise, not a lot of professional experience in public sector/ related to public policy. The rationale to apply for MPP/MPA was to move into a career in the public services/sector and use the intervening study year as a break to figure out this transition. Dint apply for aid. Am currently enrolled in a online public policy course with a think-tank to get some footing in this space.

What do you folks think? I'm not sure if my application is being used as recycle paper (!) or maybe under consideration in a wait-list. But the long wait, and zero-communication is not helping (no interviews emails / calls). I want to know if there's a non-zero chance of making it (diversity of experience category since i'm not a typical candidate) or is that a very long shot and should I just make alternative plans.

If it was a reject, wouldn't we already have heard?

Any insight that you guys can share will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Vivek

Hi Vaid

I got a similar reply from the school.They said that they were sending out results in batches.

I am just waiting for the second week of April

My guess is that if we are not in the first list then we may not get scholarships.

Chances are otherwise the usual 50-50

Hi @vaid,

have you log on into your NUS application account? I think, if you're really failed, they will update your status. if they don't, let's hope you made it to short-listed and they will contact you soon.

goodluck!