Anyone applying to Lee Kuan Yew School, Singapore?

AsiaPolicy

Hi guys

Thanks for the encouragement, but no sadly no news - good or bad. Application status still says 'physical application verified'.

Not sure what to still make of this - those who've been given admits, is there a deadline that you've been given by when you need to confirm acceptance and make a payment?

Possibly, the waitlisted candidates (assuming I'm one) will only afterwards be informed.

Kind regards

Vivek

Hi guys

Thanks for the encouragement, but no sadly no news - good or bad. Application status still says 'physical application verified'.

Not sure what to still make of this - those who've been given admits, is there a deadline that you've been given by when you need to confirm acceptance and make a payment?

Possibly, the waitlisted candidates (assuming I'm one) will only afterwards be informed.

Kind regards

Vivek

Hi Vivek

I am in the same boat as you.  Ever since I discovered several people have been offered admission  - I have been checking frantically almost - but the status refuses to change   :angry:

Right now I am hanging on to the hope that non-Singapore applicants are being informed first - as they would have more formalities to complete - visas, living arrangements etc.  We are both applying from Singapore so maybe we will hear from them later. 

I too am nervous as I have 17yrs experience in the finance industry (Yes, I am old) .... 14 months in a public sector role squashed in there somewhere.  The only thing going for me hopefully is that I am a Pol Sci grad from NUS. I could accept rejection - as long as I am informed.  This waiting is infernal. 

All the best and do update if you hear anything and I will do likewise. 

Cheers

Edited by vidlog1973

Hi Vivek and Vidlog

Going by last year's trend, the admit mails keep coming till first week of May unless specified otherwise in the application portal.

So all the best and hope to see you all in July

regards

Giri

hi, 

is there anyone who has got the IPA letter from LKYSPP?

dont we have to wait to be invited to fill in the online form first with the Immigration people?

i havent heard anything back from LKY since they confirmed receiving my acceptance letter. 

anybody with different news?

dont we have to wait to be invited to fill in the online form first with the Immigration people?

i havent heard anything back from LKY since they confirmed receiving my acceptance letter. 

same here with me. FYI, the registration for college green housing is already open. if you want to apply to live there, please visit http://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/students/college-green-dunearn-road-hostels/apply-now/

i am not sure about that, i have to go through the admission guide once again to comment on this because as per my earlier understanding that appointment with immigration department is once we are there in singapore for PR card but i need to reconfirm it first. yeah same here no news since i got acceptance letter confirmation on APR 7. have you send them the official score of your IELTS or TOFEL?

same here with me. FYI, the registration for college green housing is already open. if you want to apply to live there, please visit http://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/students/college-green-dunearn-road-hostels/apply-now/

oh yeah i definitely wanna apply to college green, thanks for the reminder :) 

i am not sure about that, i have to go through the admission guide once again to comment on this because as per my earlier understanding that appointment with immigration department is once we are there in singapore for PR card but i need to reconfirm it first. yeah same here no news since i got acceptance letter confirmation on APR 7. have you send them the official score of your IELTS or TOFEL?

i havent yet sent my official TOEFL scores. will be doing so this week

Have you guys checked the application status on online application portal? Earlier it was like “physical application verified” then when I have got the admission offer it has been changed to “interview done” and now when I have accepted the offer and dispatched everything to them it’s again showing “physical application verified”, isn’t it a kind of weird thing ? Anyone here willing to share his/her application status?

Have you guys checked the application status on online application portal? Earlier it was like “physical application verified” then when I have got the admission offer it has been changed to “interview done” and now when I have accepted the offer and dispatched everything to them it’s again showing “physical application verified”, isn’t it a kind of weird thing ? Anyone here willing to share his/her application status?

I checked the admission portal and mine also facing the same condition with you.

But, on the right side there are admission status which provide whether we already accept the offer or not.

I checked the admission portal and mine also facing the same condition with you.

But, on the right side there are admission status which provide whether we already accept the offer or not.

hi, can u plz share the screen shot,  as in my case there is nothing on right except the same initial link for the withdraw of application.

Edited by silversaint

Hello,

Does anyone knows how hard is to apply for the dual degree to SIPA ater spending the first semester in Lee Kuan Yew? I have been accepted now both to SIPA and NUS, but I dont know yet what to decide because SIPA is extremely expensive. 

Hello,

Does anyone knows how hard is to apply for the dual degree to SIPA ater spending the first semester in Lee Kuan Yew? I have been accepted now both to SIPA and NUS, but I dont know yet what to decide because SIPA is extremely expensive. 

Hi Dago, 

What I have heard so far is that for dual degree programs you have to declare it in your application and the rest is decided on merit, in addition to that every semester top performers do get a chance to spend a semester in partner institutions and for that the students have to pay the difference of the cost. So no matter how tough it would be you need to pay the difference of fee over and above what you are paying or being funded for NUS.

I myself was selected for SIPA as well but they are holding their fist tight on funding this year, and m even delighted and more comfortable to be selected for NUS for many reasons.

Regards,

Saint.

Edited by silversaint

dont know if everyone else has seen this but just incase heres a link i found to a student made website we can use for extra info bout the school and life in Singapopre

lkyspp-orientation

they've got a nice video, handbook and plenty of pictures

dont know if everyone else has seen this but just incase heres a link i found to a student made website we can use for extra info bout the school and life in Singapopre

lkyspp-orientation

they've got a nice video, handbook and plenty of pictures

Thanks bestero, i have gone through the same and yes it is very informative. any word on pre-reg? my record has not been transferred yet.

I was able to finish the ORP1 on 5th. They said I will be able to log-in to my webmail account in 2 days. I can't do that as yet. The server says invalid email id. I will wait for another day, I guess. 

I was able to finish the ORP1 on 5th. They said I will be able to log-in to my webmail account in 2 days. I can't do that as yet. The server says invalid email id. I will wait for another day, I guess. 

hi, i have completed the process yesterday but have not yet checked the webmail. what have you done with the step 3 as per the info booklet we are not suppose to to do that but on ORP1 the third step is about confirmation of registration so i have accepted that part as well now i dont know is it right or wrong but there was nothing which pertains to research work :S

I have got the access to nus email, so here is the procedure to login you account which may help you out.

1- access this link https://exchange.nus.edu.sg/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://exchange.nus.edu.sg/owa/&reason=0 

2- select the type of your computer through which you are using the webmail (Public/Private).

3.type nusstu\ NUS NET ID which you have received.

4-type the password of nusnet and you ill be through to your email account. :)

Cheers!!

Edited by silversaint

@silversaint

On step 3, I entered my current address in India, as it said I can update it later. Actually, I missed the part in the guide which asked international students to type in the school address. Hope it is not a big deal.

On email: I have been following the same steps, but the server says userId or password not valid. 

I will email them.. 

@silversaint

On step 3, I entered my current address in India, as it said I can update it later. Actually, I missed the part in the guide which asked international students to type in the school address. Hope it is not a big deal.

On email: I have been following the same steps, but the server says userId or password not valid. 

I will email them.. 

if you have entered the residential address where they have asked for the payment address you must immediately inform the admission officer or Dr. kelvin they will better able to guide you on this because as per my understanding it was mandatory for international students to key in the LKY address to avoid any possible delay in receiving the funds.

on email thing are you typing nusstu\ before your nusnet user id? 

@silversaint

I will email them.. 

i have found something for you login to your pre registration account, click on self service from the options given on left side, on new page click the student center locate payment address link under section of personal information click the link and edit the address :)

Cheers!! 

That is great. Changed it. Thanks a lot! Also I could login to my account. You are right. I did not type nusstu\ before user id.

you are welcome, keep us posted regarding any update which you may come accross.

Edited by silversaint