Submit Chemistry GRE scores to school that don't require it?

Anthranilic

So I got a 730 on the Chemistry GRE, which is 57% below. Based on readings I understand that for a domestic application (which I am) this is an OK score; not something to worry about, but also not an amazing score.

I will obviously submit this score to schools that require it, but what about schools that don't require the Chemistry GRE (or don't even mention it) or schools that say it's required? UW-Madison in particular says that the Chemistry GRE isn't required but is very helpful for fellowships.

By not sending this score, am I risking not getting any fellowships? With a score of 57% below will I even be competitive for fellowships? Will my overall application be better if I don't submit the score to schools that don't require it, or should I just do it anyway?

Hope the application process is going well for everyone.

I can't see yourself being hurt by sending your scores. Your competitiveness for fellowships may be up in the air, but I believe your score is good enough to help your application. Northwestern's average chem GRE is 694 (it was on their website before, but they have now taken it down) and they are quite a competitive program so I think you should be fine (if not more than fine) with your GRE score. Therefore, I think you should send your score. Good luck!