Chemical Engineering Fall 2014

teerav42

Got it narrowed down to UT (Austin), Berkeley, or Cornell for ChemE PhD.  Thoughts anyone?  Overall, location, particular focus/specialty?

My top choice right now is Wisconsin, but I still have to visit UT Austin this weekend. You've got some good choices there!

you're going to like Austin. way way way waaaay more interesting than Madison, or any town in the Midwest for that matter, aside from Chicago or something.

Austin was okay. I still think Madison is the best fit for me though. I'm basically 99% sure I'm going there, I'm just waiting a few more days to make sure I'm really sure before I make it official.

I have admits from Univ of Florida and Univ of Maryland for Masters ( non -funded) .UFL is non -thesis option but maryland is a thesis . I mailed a prof in Maryland and he was positive abt taking me. I am little confused here , but i still feel my interests match better with maryland. can some one please help me out here...

Hi all,

Earlier, I posted that I got 4.0 in my freshman 1st semester. I also started working in research. I naïvely took too heavy course loads in this second semester that now I likely will get a few Bs. I have increased my research hours and I am enjoying it a lot but, I believe, course grades play a larger role.  How much research work and publications weigh, or course GPA is prime factor and research experience is just a supplemental in Ph D admissions.  I plan to spend a semester in an overseas university which is renowned in the research area I am working.

Any opinion?