University of Michigan MSW Fall 2014 applicants!

U-M_Detroiter

Hi all,

I would like to use this forum to try and connect with others that have applied to the UMich MSW/PHD program, or those that are already in the program.

I submitted my application the end of September. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? It's driving me crazy! I got into my second choice school, but UMich is by far my number one choice. I plan on concentrating in social policy and evaluation, possibly minor in human resources, with a focus on health. 

Also, if anyone has gone through/or are in the MSW program, how is it?! What are your classes and field placements like? 

I'm in, deferred my admission 'til Fall 2014 from the '13 cycle. Should be hearing about financial aid in January. My bet is you'll hear about your admission decision sometime around then as well. I don't think they send out decisions during the Fall, even if you've applied super early.

I think it's a great place for your concentration. I may minor in policy, but I'm an interpersonal practice person.

Awesome, congrats! When did you get your acceptance if you don't mind me asking? Did you get it via email or wolverine access?

Well, I was admitted from last cycle, and found out in early August. I opted to defer til '14 since it was so close to the beginning of classes. I say that I think you'll hear in January because from what I recall of last cycle, that's when people began to hear back. They emailed me the decision.

Oh gotcha. Thanks!

I applied to UM before 12/1 early deadline.  I know it's going to be awhile before we hear anything, but I'm already constantly checking for status updates.

I check probably everyday, haha. What's concentration/area are you interested in?

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations Starbuck007! Was this for the UM MSW program or the MSW/PhD program? I applied to the MSW program and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks! It was for the MSW program. I applied the week the application opened (Mid September I think?). I found out via the new/prospective student page on wolverine access. A "view decision" link popped up. It said my official acceptance letter will be emailed to me shortly. 

Thanks! It was for the MSW program. I applied the week the application opened (Mid September I think?). I found out via the new/prospective student page on wolverine access. A "view decision" link popped up. It said my official acceptance letter will be emailed to me shortly. 

Did you get an email to sign up for wolverine access? when I tried to set up an account it asked for a student ID number, even for the guest/friend account. 

Did you get an email to sign up for wolverine access? when I tried to set up an account it asked for a student ID number, even for the guest/friend account.

Do you mean when you're applying? Or after you have been accepted?

.When you are applying, sorry, I should have made that clear.  Congrats on your acceptance!

I used my genreral email address (an outlook account) for my application, but I don't remember how exactly I signed up for wolverine access. Sorry! I would email IT or the SSW. They are typically pretty good about emailing right back.

I used my genreral email address (an outlook account) for my application, but I don't remember how exactly I signed up for wolverine access. Sorry! I would email IT or the SSW. They are typically pretty good about emailing right back.

Thanks, I actually just got an email this morning from the school with directions on how to set it up, so I guess I am just impatient :)