University of Michigan MSW Fall 2014 applicants!

U-M_Detroiter

I applied the last week in November; application was marked "complete" on 11/28. (Looking over all the posts here, sounds like I was a bit late in the game!)

Well the good news is that they must let you know by March 1st, so if worst comes to worst, only a little over a month to go! I feel that you may hear back relatively soon though, as you only applied about a month after I did. What is your concentration? 

Best of luck!

Hey, all.

I'm new here so be nice :P

I got a really odd letter from U of M today saying they're waiting to review my application again...

so I didn't get accepted.

Or denied.

Or waitlisted.

Anyone else have any experience with this? :unsure:

- Melissa

Edited by Melissam5

Hey, all.

I'm new here so be nice :P

I got a really odd letter from U of M today saying they're waiting to review my application again...

so I didn't get accepted.

Or denied.

Or waitlisted.

Anyone else have any experience with this? :unsure:

- Melissa

Did you apply by Dec 1st? I know people who have had that happen in past years, who have been told that their applications have been "held".  It means they are waiting to make a decision on your application until after the application deadline of March 1st,  so they can see how you stack up against the rest of the apps who didn't make the early deadline. I know people who have been accepted after this happens, so I don't think its necessarily a bad thing. 

Edited by clearbluesky22

I applied on October 31. I grew a bit impatient as I saw others who applied after me receive their decision letter. So I called the school and they transferred me to a counselor who looked me up and told me I was accepted and should receive something in the mail within a week or so. Don't t know if that helps, but that's my story.

I got my unofficial acceptance yesterday and applied around the 22nd of November I think. I also applied to the University of Chicago around that time and am waiting to hear back from them. I'd really like to go to Michigan but all kind of depends on what type of scholarships they offer, it is pretty expensive for out of state students.

I got accepted 2-3 weeks ago. I am just waiting on the scholarships  letter and then I will decide.

Its stressful!!!...I am trying to decide what school to go to!

Hi miss natural. I'm so excited for you. I wanted to know when u applied. I'm still waiting on my decision and I'm on pins and needles.

Hi miss natural. I'm so excited for you. I wanted to know when u applied. I'm still waiting on my decision and I'm on pins and needles.

Thanks. I applied at the end of Nov. and I recieved my letter around Jan 20th.

I hope you get your soon!

For those accepted - What is the median GPA or range? Is there any info about this anywhere?

The average GPA is 3.5, I'm not sure they have the statistic for median range available. They don't have a minimum GPA though, so if you have a low GPA but make up for that in other areas, you should be okay. 

I got an acceptance e-mail from U of M today! Still waiting to hear back from Columbia, and I was wait-listed at Smith, so I'll have to see what happens.

Congratulations, casualrunnergal! When did you apply? I applied to UM on 11/28, but I still haven't heard anything.

Congrats :). I'm still waiting. Hoping for the best :).

Just got accepted! Found out by checking Wolverine Access this morning, have not yet received any emails about it, but WA stated it would be forthcoming. I applied 11/28.

Congrats :). I'm still waiting. Hoping for the best :).

Thanks, halshima!  Be sure to check Wolverine Access first; I got the email from the Assistant Dean 4 hours after the decision was posted on WA. Best of luck to you!