University of Michigan MSW Fall 2014 applicants!

U-M_Detroiter

• 2 weeks later...

Will anyone be "attending" the virtual open house on March 28th?

I plan to join the virtual open house, although I'm still trying to decide between UMich and UChicago :/.

Hey, all.

I'm new here so be nice :P

I got a really odd letter from U of M today saying they're waiting to review my application again...

so I didn't get accepted.

Or denied.

Or waitlisted.

Anyone else have any experience with this? :unsure:

- Melissa

My application has been postponed until the end of Spring semester and probably will not get a decision until Summer. Considering all of the applicants they get I wouldn't be too surprised.

Try giving the school a call if you still haven't heard just to see if they give you a general time frame ona possible decision. :)

The average GPA is 3.5, I'm not sure they have the statistic for median range available. They don't have a minimum GPA though, so if you have a low GPA but make up for that in other areas, you should be okay. 

For the Advanced MSW program they do have a required GPA of 3.5.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change your program length? I applied for the 16mo program and got accepted, but now am thinking their 20mo format makes more sense for me...

You are able to change your program length. Under the admitted students tab there are instructions on how to do it. I'm actually considering doing the opposite of you.

I'll be doing the virtual open house this Friday. Was just accepted and am very excited. Still waiting on scholarship information though. Does anyone know the general time frame for hearing back about general as well as special scholarships? I applied for the Geriatric Scholars Program and have waded through the depths of this website to find anything more about it, but alas I've found no-one who's applied for it.  Anybody in this app season apply for the program or heard back about it?