Petroleum Engineering MS

petr. engineering

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for starting the thread, don't be chagrined by meager of visits because this field kinda less common!

Any ways, im from Pakistan planning to apply for MS in PE for TAMU, Austin, Stanford... just got GRE score V.150, Q.161. Gonna take toelf shortly. 

Know my Q needs improvement, but this score together with GPA 3.7, ~2 Yrs industry experience, and one student level Paper presented at SPE Regional Contest at Qatar... (few other extra curricular achievements)

Kindly provide your valuable feedback on strength of my application...

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for starting the thread, don't be chagrined by meager of visits because this field kinda less common!

Any ways, im from Pakistan planning to apply for MS in PE for TAMU, Austin, Stanford... just got GRE score V.150, Q.161. Gonna take toelf shortly. 

Know my Q needs improvement, but this score together with GPA 3.7, ~2 Yrs industry experience, and one student level Paper presented at SPE Regional Contest at Qatar... (few other extra curricular achievements)

Kindly provide your valuable feedback on strength of my application...

Thanks.

Hey man, you have good GPA and your work and research experiences will definitely bolster your application. But yeah, I gotta say your GRE may be a little on the low side for engineering but you can always retake it.

Hello
I am waiting on a response from UT at Austin and it's killing me!!! They said decisions would be made in Feb-March, but I'm seeing some people are already being accepted!

Congrats to those who have  :)

I'm on ChemEng Masters in the UK at the moment, 3.82 GPA, 161 and 165 on GRE and one publication whilst at a French university doing an exchange, as well as one year industrial experience (unfortunately unrelated to petroleum).

I check my emails multiple times a day - doesn't help. Thought I'd register here and pass time gaining knowledge about recent acceptances.

The waiting game is no fun at all ...  :unsure:

Hello

I am waiting on a response from UT at Austin and it's killing me!!! They said decisions would be made in Feb-March, but I'm seeing some people are already being accepted!

Congrats to those who have  :)

I'm on ChemEng Masters in the UK at the moment, 3.82 GPA, 161 and 165 on GRE and one publication whilst at a French university doing an exchange, as well as one year industrial experience (unfortunately unrelated to petroleum).

I check my emails multiple times a day - doesn't help. Thought I'd register here and pass time gaining knowledge about recent acceptances.

The waiting game is no fun at all ...  :unsure:

Same here, man. I was told that they send out their acceptances in waves but that doesn't help in keeping me patient. It's hard to focus on my school work with all this grad school application anxiety!

• 2 weeks later...

Hay guys, I am from China. 

Now I have been admitted by UT Austin in Petroleum Engineering some days ago. In the email, it says that the funding information will come later. But until now, I have not received any information. Do you received it?

Do I need to contact some professor to get a RA ?

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here applied for the Colorado School of Mines program. I've applied to UT Austin, TX A&M, CSM, LSU, and Univ of Louisiana - Lafayeette! I haven't heard back from anywhere yet and have been getting very nervous now. LSU's deadline for applications isn't until April 1st and they don't announce their decisions until up to a month later, so I think it will still be atleast a month before I hear anything from them. Same with ULL. However, I've been checking the results everyday, (lol almost every 2 hours) on the site for people who got in and I see a lot of people have already heard back from UT Austin and TX A&M so I've given up hope on those two now. However, I don't see anything for CSM on there. I was curious if anyone on the site has applied and heard back anything from there. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here applied for the Colorado School of Mines program. I've applied to UT Austin, TX A&M, CSM, LSU, and Univ of Louisiana - Lafayeette! I haven't heard back from anywhere yet and have been getting very nervous now. LSU's deadline for applications isn't until April 1st and they don't announce their decisions until up to a month later, so I think it will still be atleast a month before I hear anything from them. Same with ULL. However, I've been checking the results everyday, (lol almost every 2 hours) on the site for people who got in and I see a lot of people have already heard back from UT Austin and TX A&M so I've given up hope on those two now. However, I don't see anything for CSM on there. I was curious if anyone on the site has applied and heard back anything from there. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Haven't heard from Mines yet either. Someone mentioned in the results page that they'll be out in mid-April.

Has anyone here heard from Stanford? I saw people got accepted to the Energy Resource Engineering program, but not to the Petroleum Engineering one. Still waiting for them before I make a decision. Although right now I am inclined towards Texas A&M. Does anyone here know how getting funding there works? I called the department but no one answered. No email response either.

I just called the department at Texas A&M. They said they still haven't decided on my funding yet and that I should hear from them in about 2 weeks. Although they mentioned that they try to give everyone some sort of funding. I guess they're doing it on a person-by-person basis. Anyone else hear heard from them?

Edited by imperialstout

Haven't heard from Mines yet either. Someone mentioned in the results page that they'll be out in mid-April.

Has anyone here heard from Stanford? I saw people got accepted to the Energy Resource Engineering program, but not to the Petroleum Engineering one. Still waiting for them before I make a decision. Although right now I am inclined towards Texas A&M. Does anyone here know how getting funding there works? I called the department but no one answered. No email response either.

Ya this waiting period is killing me. That was actually me who posted that Mines decisions will be out in mid-April, I was able to get in contact with the department. I actually just got denied from UT Austin today :(

For TAMU, did you guys get an email notification? I'm counting on Mines a lot now!

Ya this waiting period is killing me. That was actually me who posted that Mines decisions will be out in mid-April, I was able to get in contact with the department. I actually just got denied from UT Austin today :(

For TAMU, did you guys get an email notification? I'm counting on Mines a lot now!

Sorry to hear bout your UT rejection. I actually haven't heard from them yet. I checked UT MyStatus and it says there that mine is still in review. I wonder if it's because I submitted mine late. In any case I'm just assuming the worst case.

As for TAMU, they did not send an email regarding admission but the website said that I should expect to receive a postal mail in the coming days. I called the department and they said that they will send out an email regarding funding in about 2 weeks.

Hopefully you get into Mines man!

Edited by imperialstout

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, imperial! I kinda expected UT so no worries. Still no word from anywhere else here!

For anyone who has applied for TAMU, does your status say "Your application is missing one or more required credentials"?? I am 100% certain when I applied about 4 months ago, the website said I can send in a copy of my official transcript for the review process and I did that, so when I call both the graduate office and department, they say they have all my documents, however, officially my file is still missing the 'official transcript'. Now when I check the pet eng website though it says official transcripts are required for admission purposes, I just want to ensure I am not getting screwed over because I didn't send in my official transcripts for the review purposes. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I guess I am quite late to comment here. I kept on searching for some petroleum engineering thread under "Earth Sciences" but got nothing. Anyway I have applied for TAMU, CSM, University of Tulsa and LSU. Haven't heard back from any of these yet and it's making me so worried. I am not able to access my online status from website as IIE applied on my behalf. Regarding my profile, V=154, Q= 161, AWA =4.0, CGPA = 3.646/4.0, I have two years of work experience with a big E & P company, two research papers in my name. I wish I get into TAMU or at least CSM.

Some persons happen to share rejections from CSM on results page, can they comment here abt their profiles? Thank you all and wish you all a GOOD LUCK! :)

Hi guys,

I guess I am quite late to comment here. I kept on searching for some petroleum engineering thread under "Earth Sciences" but got nothing. Anyway I have applied for TAMU, CSM, University of Tulsa and LSU. Haven't heard back from any of these yet and it's making me so worried. I am not able to access my online status from website as IIE applied on my behalf. Regarding my profile, V=154, Q= 161, AWA =4.0, CGPA = 3.646/4.0, I have two years of work experience with a big E & P company, two research papers in my name. I wish I get into TAMU or at least CSM.

Some persons happen to share rejections from CSM on results page, can they comment here abt their profiles? Thank you all and wish you all a GOOD LUCK! :)

I heard back from Tulsa and it's a rejection :( Wish I get into TAMU or CSM. Any idea Tulsa takes how many international students in its petroleum engineering program?

I heard back from Tulsa and it's a rejection :( Wish I get into TAMU or CSM. Any idea Tulsa takes how many international students in its petroleum engineering program?

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Not sure about Tulsa, but CSM has made all their admission decisions. If you can't see it online, you should call the office and ask them. I am still waiting for TAMU and LSU. I didn't get into CSM sadly, V-152 Q-159, W-4.0. ~1 year experience with an environmental agency. You seem to have a good profile for CSM and LSU. TAMU is taking their time but when I called they said they are trying to make all their decisions ASAP. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Not sure about Tulsa, but CSM has made all their admission decisions. If you can't see it online, you should call the office and ask them. I am still waiting for TAMU and LSU. I didn't get into CSM sadly, V-152 Q-159, W-4.0. ~1 year experience with an environmental agency. You seem to have a good profile for CSM and LSU. TAMU is taking their time but when I called they said they are trying to make all their decisions ASAP. Good luck!

Just look at rejections from CSM on "Results Page". I am surprised if they happened to accept someone or rejected everyone? :D Very sorry to hear about your rejection from CSM :(

Hi guys,

I heard back from TAMU and it's again a rejection, unluckily :(