'Structural quirks' in my submitted writing sample

hoviariel

Hello. I submitted all my grad applications alongside the writing samples like a month ago (deadlines were early-mid December). For my writing sample I used a copy of my undergrad Senior Study thesis which I worked on in this summer-early fall. The problem was that this 20-paged 10,000 word baby was a work in progress. That is, I submitted the final draft of my paper last month to grad schools and my advisor graded the same final version now (which I submitted as my senior study paper). I got an A, but according to the guy there were structural issues in the paper, as in I could've handled my lit review/methodology part better:

"This is generally well written, except for some minor ‘structural’ issues which I commented on above. I’m fairly certain that by the time you’re required to write extended MA papers, you will have mastered the needed skills as long as you continue reading professionally written academic articles in the field.

This course is an instance of ‘process learning’ as opposed to ‘product learning’. In that light, I think that given the amount of time, readings, revisions and re-revisions you put into this course and paper, you deserve an overall grade of an A. I am certain that you have learned from this course, and this is clearly indicated in your final outcome"

Should I worried about these issues, including a handful of spelling/extra conjunction errors (e.g., categorories, ", and.")? The instructor himself didn't notice them but I'm just worried that my imperfect writing sample is gonna weaken me...

Any advice? I don't know if it's too late to do corrections to this paper and then email every single place I applied a 'corrected' copy... And, frankly, I'm too tired over grad applications and research to do anything to my paper...

I wouldn't worry at all. Adcoms understand that writing samples are usually not publishable quality. I mean, there is certainly a point at which errors and structural issues would hinder a writing sample, but it's not black and white. Based on your advisor's comments, I think you're okay.