University of Texas at Houston GSBS PhD Applications

SMiddle

I haven't heard anything yet either. Keep in mind that their interviews are not until February 6 and they interview all the way through March, so they are not in a rush like the schools that have January interviews. If we get interviews, I think we should hear in the next 3 weeks or so. Chill :)

• 1 month later...

I'm in the airport after my interview right now! I really loved the program, they sold it well and all the grad students seem very happy.

The structure was standard but I was impressed by how accesible and friendly the faculty and staff were; I never felt lost or left out. Plus the resources there and reputation speak for themselves.

Hope you all get invites!

Yes I just left the interview weekend today. In my opinion it went very well.

If you get the chance to interview don't stress so much about it. Just know your own work well and ask questions about their work and it will go smoothly for most.

I had a great time. It's an excellent university filled with really nice and intelligent people. I wish you luck and hope you get an invite also.

Anyone got an idea of post-interview offer rates for UTHGSBS? Very selective or is an interview invite almost enough?

One student said they offer acceptances to most interviewees. So estimate 70% or higher? It's hard to say.

Would that be for both domestic and international interviewees would you know? I`m international so interviewing by Skype soon. 

On another note, were you able to meet with many of your prospective POI for interviews? I`m also interested in immunology.

Would that be for both domestic and international interviewees would you know? I`m international so interviewing by Skype soon. 

On another note, were you able to meet with many of your prospective POI for interviews? I`m also interested in immunology.

I can only speak for domestic. I met a handful of international folks there, however, so I know the school must take a decent number.

I got everyone I asked for (Lizee, Schluns, Chandra, and Curran). If you want to know anything about them specifically, I can PM you.

I am officially going to give up on trying to email UT Houston and just assume a rejection since their last interviews are coming up in 3 weeks. At least the application was $30, so I am not too sad about not getting any replies. I was looking forward to moving to Houston, but since now I only have one interview in Houston, my time will be better spent on focusing on my Baylor interview instead. If anyone interviewed at Baylor but decided on another school, please share some advice about your interviews. I would deeply appreciate it.

Edited by aba1984