University of Texas at Houston GSBS PhD Applications

SMiddle

Out of interest, did the GSBS pay for flights to and from Houston for interviewees or is it just food and accommodation covered? And if so, did they book flights themselves or reimburse you for your prepaid flights?

They pay, and it's through a travel agency, you just have to call on their behalf.

I have a question. So I got a rejection meant for another student on 2/18/2014. When I brought it to their attention they apologized and told me my application was still under review. Isn't it a bit too late for them to still be reviewing my application? Also their last interview weekend according to gradcafe is March1st.

Edited by aaabbbccc88

It's actually March 7-9th, sorry I gave the wrong date last time. It's possible you still have a shot, they just had their second interview weekend and I still have heard nothing from admission about acceptances for the first weekend. Take into account that flights need to be booked a few weeks in advanced so it might be that it's a rejection or a delayed invite.

I did applied for human and molecular genetics. But since it is a gateway program I do not think that this really matters. They just called me an hour ago. Guess probably they started calling today and will continue tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone who had an interview at the last session told me they will send admins out to them in a week and if you haven't heard from them by then. You are likely wait listed, which is what I think I am right now. Don't see how you interview first round and get pushed to the wait list so easily. Annoying.

Edited by micromajor2011

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi.. Those who got admitted into UT GSBS, Can you share your details (GPA, GRE, TOEFL, #Publications, etc....) It would be really useful for ppl like me who are new to such applications to compare and contrast our chances into the program....

Hey Guys! I am applying to GSBS in UT Hosuton.. My Profile is as follows:

Undergrad Institute: BMS College of Engineering, bangalore, India

GPA: 8.4/10 (upto 6th semester).. will increase to atleast 8.7 in the next two semesters

GRE 307 (V 152 Q155 AWA 4)

TOEFL 107

I have worked on creating a targeted drug delivery system using DNA Origami for Prostate Cancer. We presented this in Biomod 2014, a biomolecular design competition organised by the Wyss Institute at Harvard University and we won silver award for our research. We have filed for a patent and our project is nearly complete.

I am currently working on biomarker identification for different cancers. I have identified more than 10 potential molecules for triple negative breast cancer and lung squamous carcinoma. I will be validating this in patient samples at an mRNA and protein level.

Any chance I have a shot? 

I would be grateful if you guys can let me know what you'll think! :)