Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2014

King_Maro

Hey Amirali

Congratulations. I do not know the details of Berkeley Master program, but in my case and for CMU, there are 96 credits, which basically means 8 courses in graduate level. However, I think the overall number of courses depends on the courses which is to be taken as there are 6-credit (half-semester) courses and 12-credit (full semester) courses. About research, in case of CMU there is an 18-credit course named AIS Systems Project Course which basically is for research. I do not know whether it is mandatory but in my case I will for sure take it. About your last question, I am extremely inclined toward CMU and I really hope that there won't be any problem in the next steps.

Hey Mostafa, did you take your final decision? I also wanted to ask you if you've heard back from Vtech or not yet bcz personally I haven't?! 

Hey Mostafa, did you take your final decision? I also wanted to ask you if you've heard back from Vtech or not yet bcz personally I haven't?! 

Actually, I am almost sure about my decision. I have sent my documents for I-20 issuance. However, there are some universities that I haven't heard back from yet: UC Davis, Virginia tech and University of Arizona. who knows what the future holds?!

• 1 month later...

You guys want to lol a bit?

I JUST received an answer from NCSU, and apparently I was admitted. Almost 2 full months past the deadline, and 2 full months since I made my decision. I can't even fathom why they would still send me the admission at this stage if they knew I am an international student and had to decide a while back. It's still a comfort to know I was admitted, but wow was the answer late.

I really doubt it has any financial awards tied to it on account of the lateness. I was probably on the waitlist, although I was never notified of this. Had to make my decision months ago, and although a couple of months back this admission would have made a diffrence, it definitely does not now. Maybe my declining will help someone out, but at this point in the calendar I doubt it :P

Edit: Now that I think about it, I even withdrew my application with them after accepting at LSU, so this admission REALLY doesn't make sense!

Edited by SgtP3pp3r