Anybody Stitch Fix?

Queen of Kale

This is a little random & not very grad school related, but I wondered if anyone here used Stitch Fix?  I realized as soon as I signed up that I should have checked here first and given some worthy (and poor) grad student the referral credit.

But although that ship has sailed, I thought I'd just test the waters (I have a nautical theme going here I guess :rolleyes: ) and see if anyone wants to weigh in with a Stitch Fix experience.  While the Stitch Fix demographic seems to be more young mothers than students; I myself feel like I have better things to do than shop (make the science!) and I figured I wouldn't be alone on that.

So please, I'm all ears, tell me your Stitch Fix experiences!

My referral code is:  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3364651

Once I get my first Fix, I'll put my feedback here or PM interested parties.  And again, if anyone else wants to tell about their experiences I'd love to see them.  I've seen lots of blogs about Stitch Fixing but it would be nice to see feedback from someone here (since we're obviously not here to sell anything) just to make sure it's as awesome as everyone says.  

I have received four stitch fix boxes. I really like it, though some of the items are priced uncomfortably high for me. One time I did keep everything in the box, and I have kept 1-2 things from the other three boxes. I got a pair of skinny purple pants that I would NEVER have chosen for myself, but I wear them about twice a week now. It's fun to be surprised with the clothes, and even more fun when the surprise turns out to be a new wardrobe staple. I'm lucky to be a pretty average size for what stitch fix carries, so I don't have any problems being able to sign up for a fix. They say that they are working on getting more plus sized options, but I'm not sure how soon that will pan out.

I think that the more feedback you give them, the more "you" their choices will be, but I think the stylist they choose for you is another factor. I haven't requested any particular stylists, but I may find myself doing that in the future if I get a fix that I really really love from someone.

Overall, I find it very convenient and fun. I try to give myself a fix every two months or so, and it is like christmas every time.

Here is my referral link, too...https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3134614

• 4 weeks later...

I have a sneaky suspicion that someone from this forum used my referral link (since neither of the 2 people I know IRL who has used my code had a Fix ship yet which is when referral credit posts to my account) and I just wanted to thank you!  Stitch Fix doesn't tell you who used my code but whoever you are just made my day.  It's been a terrible grueling week in terms of weather, research, and coursework and this was just an awesome surprise. I'm sending out big radiating love in your general direction whoever you may be! :wub:  :D

This is a little random & not very grad school related, but I wondered if anyone here used Stitch Fix?  I realized as soon as I signed up that I should have checked here first and given some worthy (and poor) grad student the referral credit.

But although that ship has sailed, I thought I'd just test the waters (I have a nautical theme going here I guess :rolleyes: ) and see if anyone wants to weigh in with a Stitch Fix experience.  While the Stitch Fix demographic seems to be more young mothers than students; I myself feel like I have better things to do than shop (make the science!) and I figured I wouldn't be alone on that.

So please, I'm all ears, tell me your Stitch Fix experiences!

I do, I do! I actually kind of love it. That being said, I do wish the quality of the clothing was a bit better. 

• 9 months later...

Here is my referral link, you can get a stitch fix and help out a fellow grad student with a credit:

http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=4148899

I've used stitch fix twice now, and it's been pretty good. I absolutely love my first box and kept all of the items, but my second box wasn't as great and I only kept one thing. Overall, I think it's a great thing to try and I will definitely be ordering more boxes in the future. I like it because I'm so busy that I rarely have time to go shopping for myself. And it's a fun little treat to get in the mail. 

Stitch Fix is way outside of my price range for clothes (the only items I buy new are shoes and underwear), and I find that their items (based on what I've seen in friends' boxes) are far too maturely oriented for me (I prefer a more youthful style, and stitch fix stuff appears to be mostly aimed at the over-30 crowd in terms of fashion sense). I wish that somebody would make a service like Stitch Fix in which the stylists go to thrift stores and find items for you, because I would totally be down for that ;) Haven't had much time to go thrifting lately ...