UChicago 2014

hiclub2

Oh no! That is a bummer... What other schools did you apply and what is your GPA?

I applied to UMich, Columbia, IUPUI and Boston University.  My situation is a little different, my first attempt at college didn't go so well, and I had below a 3.0.  However I went back to school and my GPA for my last 60 credits is 3.6.  I am graduating in May with a BSW degree. I know some schools only look at the last 60 credits, however I think Chicago is not one of them, so my earlier grades may have doomed me.  

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats SkatieG,

I applied late november as well, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

How did you hear about the decision and can you share some information ?-- Your GPA, your experience and how much schlorship you received?

I still cross my fingers...

I got in!! I am so incredibly excited and ready for school to start already! I applied in late November as well. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Congrats Elle Em,

Did they mention about scholarship? I'm also in, but at this time they have not awarded me any scholarships

Congrats on getting in too velvetstella!

When my status was updated on the application I had two documents: one was the 'congratulations you're in' letter and the second told me the specific amount of the scholarship I received. I was awarded a merit scholarship so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with being notified of it at the same time as acceptance or what. I know there are a lot of factors that go into the financial aid calculations so if you're nervous or want to be sure I'd send them an email. Calling is a pain because it seems like no one is ever around (or I just don't get connected to the right person) but they do seem to be really responsive via email. Good luck! Hope to see you in the fall.

Edited by Elle Em

I applied to UofC on 1/4, but haven't heard anything yet.  This is my top choice, so I can hardly bear another month of waiting! I just got an email from them yesterday about financial aid, and make sure to fill out your FAFSA, get your financial ducks in a row, etc - I'm hoping this is a harbinger of good things to come?  I am also applying for PT, so I am curious how that affects admission rates.  I need to stop overthinking.... :)

I was accepted to Chicago. I'm very excited and the program looks awesome. I got a $15,000 a year scholarship which I'm just not sure is enough for me to go though. Over $50,000 in debt with a degree in social work seems like way too much for me. Anyone else having that problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I applied before the Jan 15th deadline. Has anyone heard back? Admissions decisions are released "mid march" but I am still checking my email multiple times a day.

Ugh, me too! I applied on January 4th for the EEP program, and UChicago my first choice and dream school!  I, too, am checking my email multiple times a day.  I honestly don't think I can handle another few weeks.  Every email I receive makes my stomach jump into my esophagus.  What day did you finish your application?  Have you heard anything at all?

Ugh, me too! I applied on January 4th for the EEP program, and UChicago my first choice and dream school!  I, too, am checking my email multiple times a day.  I honestly don't think I can handle another few weeks.  Every email I receive makes my stomach jump into my esophagus.  What day did you finish your application?  Have you heard anything at all?

Submitted on Jan 14th, got the email about FAFSA but that's it.  :unsure:

Congrats on getting in too velvetstella!

When my status was updated on the application I had two documents: one was the 'congratulations you're in' letter and the second told me the specific amount of the scholarship I received. I was awarded a merit scholarship so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with being notified of it at the same time as acceptance or what. I know there are a lot of factors that go into the financial aid calculations so if you're nervous or want to be sure I'd send them an email. Calling is a pain because it seems like no one is ever around (or I just don't get connected to the right person) but they do seem to be really responsive via email. Good luck! Hope to see you in the fall.

Thank you so much Elle!

I only found the $2000 relocation award, but I guess everybody got that one. I have sent my scholarship reconsideration request to them, hope there is a second chance.

UChicago is my top choice. Hope to see you in fall :)

They have a scholarship reconsideration request? I sent them an email telling them I would really like to attend and would be very grateful for a bigger scholarship. Probably won't work but who knows. It's way too expensive otherwise. I'm just not sure how to justify taking it$60,000+ in loans with a degree in social work. Seems like I'll be stuck working nonstop for 15 years that way.