Boston College MSW Fall 2014 applicants!

sweetpiepear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anybody has registered for classes yet? I was trying to register for classes today but it seems like all the sections are closed? did anybody else bump into this kinda problem?  thanks!!!!!

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anybody has registered for classes yet? I was trying to register for classes today but it seems like all the sections are closed? did anybody else bump into this kinda problem?  thanks!!!!!

I did. I logged in around 9:45a and almost everything was closed. I registered for what I could and was fortunate to have one of the sections I wanted orginally for one of my classes open up. I would email someone in registration if you aren't able to get the classes you are supposed to register for.

Yeah I ran into that issue when I tried registering for a class that was full within 15 minutes. For those who choose to register via the downloaded program, make sure to hit "Enter/Return" and type "Save" before registering for your next class. I believe you could contact the Dean and request to be added on the waitlist for any classes or notify the office if there's a scheduling conflict with any available classes (e.g., only ones that are available during the evening and you have a child to care for in the evening) and they might be able to squeeze you in.

Who knew that classes would be filled within an hour of registration opening?! And to think that they say registration is open until the end of June..... :unsure:

what??!!! They said they will have sufficient classes for every student. I am currently in China so the time difference made me not able to register classes right when they open up :(  I just emailed the registration officer hopefully they will be able to help me!!

Icelestial,

They will have sufficient classes for every student (hence why there are about 10 sections for each core class); however, many of the classes in the morning and early afternoon are the first ones to fill thus leaving only the evening classes available.  Sorry to hear that you're currently in China and have to contend with the huge time difference.  Hopefully the registration officer is able to help you out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!  I hope registration for this upcoming Fall semester wasn't too painful or stressful.  Only until recently was I made aware that immunization records are due by August 1st else the student faces a $70 fee and inability to register for next semester.  Here is a link to the downloadable form you'll need your health care provider to fill out and sign:  http://www.bc.edu/offices/uhs/forms/immunization/

In addition, we all have a BC email address (I had no clue one even existed until recently).  The way to access it is as follows:

1.  Log onto your agora portal and select "change secondary password" (in case you haven't already)

2.  Follow the prompt and change your secondary password.  This is the password used for your BC email

3.  Click on "Student Home" and at the top of the middle column should be a link that says "Go to gmail account"

4.  Your username will be your agora portal username@bc.edu (e.g., smithjr@bc.edu)

5.  The password will be your secondary password as mentioned above