UCLA MSW 2014

Ardnas058

I turned in my CSULB a few days ago and they told me it will take 4-6 weeks just to get a confirmation email that they received your app and that its complete, not even a decision until a few months after that :unsure: hope we'll get admission decisions faster!

Edited by chba03

Hey all! Just wanted to (hopefully) put you at ease and let you know, I was exactly where you are last year, and I know the wait is brutal but you will hear back sooner or later! To my knowledge, the first decision letters for UCLA started coming in the first few days of March last year. I got mine around the second week of March. Some others got theirs later. There really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, although I will say that I applied by the priority deadline. The school just gets a lot of applications; about 400+ for my 2015 graduating class. So hang tight and good luck!

I entered my stats into the UCLA spreadsheet for you. Honestly, I don't think knowing others stats will help you much though, just because the essay is so critical and it often reflects life experience and desire, not stats. Like in my case as you will see, my stats are average, but I was a high school drop out at the age of 15 who spent her time working and taking care of a schizoid affective bipolar mother. It took a long time and some very uncommon paths(running away to a new state, community college while working full time and supporting myself entirely as a teen) for me to get my bachelors. It's stuff like this that probably won them over. See what I mean?

I completely agree with you on the stats thing - I just created this spreadsheet because I was fascinated by a similar one that was created in 2012. It's exciting to get a glimpse of the people you may be working with and their unique experience/edge. Thanks for entering your data :)

Congrats to the people who received their acceptance already! Question: does your grad application portal say you've been admitted if you sign back in? 

Edited by lber

Congrats! When did u submit ur application?

I've been checking online and it just says submitted-pending decision :/

Thank you! I submitted my application on December 15th. As I check online, it shows "Submitted", with a check mark next to it. Good Luck!  :)

Congrats to the people who received their acceptance already! Question: does your grad application portal say you've been admitted if you sign back in? 

It does not say "admitted" on the grad application portal, which is weird but I believe they update that about 10 business days after the acceptance letter is mailed out. My letter was dated February 5th, so I will let you know if it changes in the following days. Good luck!  :D

Thank you! :) And I applied for the diversity fellowship, and I have 3 top choices.... U Penn, UCLA, and Berkeley( my alma mater). So far two of the three have sent me acceptance letters. How about you? Is UCLA your top choice?

I applied to UCLA & CSULB. Yes, UCLA is first choice. However, I would also be happy with CSULB.... Staying positive and hopefiul!

I completely agree with you on the stats thing - I just created this spreadsheet because I was fascinated by a similar one that was created in 2012. It's exciting to get a glimpse of the people you may be working with and their unique experience/edge. Thanks for entering your data :)

Thanks for the spreadsheet! Actually, where did you find the one for 2012? Could you please share? Thanks!!

t