Do you keep your toothbrush and towel inside your bathroom?

RedPill

Just because I'm curious. Poll time.

Where do you all keep your toothbrushes?

Where do you all keep your towels? 

I keep mine in my room. I'm paranoid about the fecal particles in the bathroom..although an episode of mythbusters proved that you can't really avoid the fecal particles.. My roommate keeps his in our shower which I think is freaking nasty. Why are you keeping your toothbrush in a filthy shower located in a bathroom with a toilet right beside it, no windows and evident mold? Yikes..

I keep my towel in my room for the same reason. Just the fact that they're both exposed to sunlight/not being in airborne fecal particle territory makes me feel better. Maybe a microbiologist could shed some light on if this is really stopping bacteria growth?

I do the same as you. I have an electric toothbrush so the base and charger is on my nightstand and I just grab the base when I wake up and go to the bathroom. The toothbrush head is in the bathroom, but in a drawer. 

I keep my towel in the bedroom because the humidity in the bathroom is generally higher and it will stay damp for a really long time in the bathroom!

I keep mine in a toothbrush stand. I wish my medicine cabinet was better organized or bigger, because I don't like having things out on the counter. 

Interesting. I didn't consider not keeping my toothbrush and towel in the bathroom! My toothbrush is inside a little closet/shelf thing in the bathroom, which keeps it away from sun, but also keeps it away from the toilet? Maybe that makes up for it. I like to think that because I close the toilet seat before I flush, nothing gets out. Ignorance is bliss, so don't tell me otherwise. ;) Recently, though, I've been good about switching my towel out every week. 

Well, I am bad with laundry, yet I don't like reusing a towel, even once. So I usually air dry unless I washed clean towels. I have to brush, mouthwash, and floss my teech, do something with hair, get clothes ready, get my work/school stuff in order, ect before I leave, so I keep myself preoccupied. It usually take about ten minutes if I am moving around to dry off and start getting clothed and out the door in another 5 minutes or so. Some people think that's weird, but it saves me from reusing towels and more frequent laundry trips.

As for the toothbrush, sometimes I leave it in the shower with a cap over the brush so I can brush my teeth in the shower. Meh, it's not a big deal so long as the bathroom/shower is routinely cleaned.

Basically, I do everything possible to reduce the amount of preparation time and effort in the morning so I can get out the door in under 25-30 minutes upon waking up without looking like a slob.

My S.O. and I keep our towels in the closet in our room, and our toothbrushes live in a cup in our room -- we have a small sink and mirror set up so we don't have to go into the bathroom we share with a couple other housemates. I got in the habit of keeping my towel and toiletries in my room when I was an undergrad; I'm a little bit of a neat freak, and a lot of my housemates over the years were.. mm, not so tidy at best. Also, big parties + lots of intoxicated people + mystery fluids = a game of risk I'm not willing to play!

• 9 months later...

I always keep my toothbrush and towel inside my bathroom whenever I get myself wet and wild. The mere fact that toothbrush is my kind of jewel. I really keep it as much as possible like any other valuable things because the effectiveness of an electric toothbrush depends not only on its type of action and on correct use, but also on the condition of the brush head.

I keep my toothbrush in the bathroom cabinet, with a special snap-on cover for the brush part so that it hopefully isn't as contaminated. My bathroom has lots of towel racks and my bedroom is TINY so I keep the towel in the bathroom.

^ lol.

It's never occurred to me to keep them anywhere else. I mean, I've never had a problem - it's not like any of us have gotten e coli or anything... I sometimes leave my toothbrush in the shower. It's no worse than anywhere else in the bathroom as far as I can tell. Diffusion of vapor and all that... I do have a window in my bathroom though and CA is pretty dry, so humidity does stay a problem for long.

I just close the lid when flushing, which is a habit formed by a science museum exhibit I once saw as a kid that demonstrated how many little water particles fly up when you flush. Honestly, I think touching doorknobs, ATM keypads and shaking hands are worse health and germ-wise than anything you could do in the bathroom short of scrubbing the toilet with your toothbrush.

• 3 weeks later...