Princeton

anonimuss

i'm leaning towards accepting. Funny there aren't more people out there.

The graduate school is a glorified dorm--if you like that environment go for it. I did that kind of thing when I was doing my MA and I loved it. But 1 year of it was enough for me and it's either apt. or i'll find my own this time around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey, ok. So from my understanding, we aren't allowed to move into housing until Sept. 11th, but have to be on campus for registration on Sept. 2nd? Anyone else in a similar situation? Should I call graduate housing and ask to move in early?

If your department needs you to be on campus earlier than the the housing date so you can register, contact them for an Early Arrival/Registration form. That way they can forward it to Housing to get permission to move in early.

Thanks for the advice FSIA. I can't imagine that I"m the only one in the incoming class that has applied to live in graduate housing, and I haven't heard a peep from my department since receiving an official welcome letter at the end of April. (where they mentioned in a half a sentence that I have to be present for registration, which begins on Sept. 2).

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait until more information is available?

Hi, Kfed, glad to meet another one who is Princeton-bound! Did you also apply for graduate housing?

• 2 weeks later...
lol. Why are we the deadest of all the meet and greet boards?

haha. seriously.

i'm in art history. my prof said that admissions was super tough this year so good job to us. our stipends are higher than Yale's too. by $250 a year. neener neener.

I applied for apartment style housing... When I did my MA (at a different uni) I lived in graduate dorms, and while it was really great for the first year, one year was enough for me.

Has anybody received their Princeton NetID password in the mail yet? I see that my name/email/netid has now been added to the directory at princeton.edu, but I still haven't received the password. I believe that I read somewhere that our housing decision gets sent to our Princeton email address, so I'm eager to have access!

I also applied to the OGC. Does anyone know when we should hear by? I have mid-June in my head, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Congrats Kfed, on your graduation :)

And no, I haven't received any mail from the graduate school concerning registration or setting up your email. I saw somewhere on the website that they'd get that stuff mailed out by mid-May, but who knows...mid-May might also mean late-June. I heard somewhere too about housing decisions getting sent out this month, actually I think I read that on this forum somewhere....hmmm. :? Well, I'm also anxious to have access, so I hope we get that stuff soon.

I'm just still confused by the whole moving in date...Sept. 11th seems rather late...I hope it'd be possible to move in earlier than that.

Thanks!

Most of our communications with them this summer will be through email, according to Michelle Carman.

Sept 11 isn't soon enough...

What kind of stuff do you all study? I'll be in the English department, studying representations and performances of pain, nostalgia and mourning in 19th and 20th century American literary and visual culture.

No way! Did you get it in the mail, or by email?

Grr. I am living overseas though, so by the post could take a bit longer. But at least it's good to know things are moving forward :wink:

Anything interesting along with email?

You can call them as of today and they will give it to you over the phone if you are feeling a tad on the impatient side :D

You can call them as of today and they will give it to you over the phone if you are feeling a tad on the impatient side

I didn't even think of that one. That's a good idea..if it doesn't come today in the mail I might give that a try. I'm so mentally clocked out of work and just waiting to get started in the fall, any bit of news from Princeton is exciting.

Here's a question to put out there. If you guys had a choice, why did you choose Princeton? just curious...and hoping to start some discussion :)

FSIA - thanks for the great information on housing decisions. Hopefully I will get mine Friday. On Sunday I am going to go camping and won't have internet access for at least a week!

Also, just for everyone's information, I live in the western half of the US and received my netid and password on Monday.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use