Wenner Gren 2014

Nrrrdgrrrl

Nope.  Nothing yet.  What time did the email come in, Elunia?

Wenner-Gren gives great comments!  I was rejected once last year, but the comments the reviewers give were absolutely incredible in helping me re-write.

It arrive at 11:30 AM. My main issue is I can't know what my study sites/populations are until I arrive in person at the collections in China (no central database, no way to know for sure what's there without literally walking through the collection room). So there won't be any point in applying againin May, since I won't be in China till June.

Good luck everyone!

My advisor just received an email that I made it through to the second round; however, I still have not received the email myself though we're on the same email system.

My advisor just received an email that I made it through to the second round; however, I still have not received the email myself though we're on the same email system.

Congrats!  According to the website, about 33% of second-round applicants are awarded...so you have a good shot!  Can you tell us a little about your project?

I haven't heard a damn thing!

I also got the email notification that I've advanced to round 2. This is a re-submission for me, so I'm hoping that I'll be luckier than I was the first time around! Good luck to everyone else!

I also got the email notification that I've advanced to round 2. This is a re-submission for me, so I'm hoping that I'll be luckier than I was the first time around! Good luck to everyone else!

It's a resubmission for me, as well.  Their reviews are very helpful, and I think they really like to reward to continued effort.  So, here's hoping!

hi all: i applied but have heard nothing of first round status.  rather than bug the admins, is there a way to log back into your application to check status?  any additional insights?  Thanks! 

My advisor, other committee members, and DGS are asking for updates on this every time I see any of them...waiting for final news is painful...and I don't imagine we'll hear anything until mid-April at the earliest...

So, because I'm a weirdo, here are some stats about award notification in years past:

March 18, 2013: Request for revised budget from one applicant

April 8, 2013/April 9, 2012/April 6, 2011/April 12, 2010: Notification (both rejections and "no need to reapply" emails)

So, it looked like the first week or two of April for new information!

It is interesting to note that official notification of awards comes in snail mail...but people get notified beforehand by email that they need not reapply.

My comp/qual exams start Monday, so I have plenty to worry about other than W-G, but still....

Has anyone else gotten some traffic from across the US on their academia.edu pages?  I'd like to think that this means my reviewers have my proposal, and are doing their research on me....what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to guess, based on previous years, that we might not hear until April 7th.  3 of the last 4 years have had Monday notifications.  Guys, that's one week from today, and apparently I'm the only one freaking out here!!!

In the past few years, it has been the first or second Monday of April, or the second Wednesday.  I'm gunning for the 7th, if not sooner.  I just want to know!

I agree with both of you! I'm waiting on NSF (bio anth) and Wenner Gren, and the wait is driving me crazy. We should know for sure about Wenner Gren within three weeks (they seemed a little late with the first round notifications, so I'm not holding my breath for next week).

How did your comps defense go, Nrrdgrrl?