PhD in Mechanical Engineering Fall 2014

jkred

Heard from Cornell as well yesterday, accepted into PhD program with full funding, 31k stipend. Wahoo!  Anyone else going to the visit weekend?

Same here! I'll be visiting as well, driving over from WNY. First acceptance, so I'm excited, even if it came only moments before rejection from Carnegie Mellon and Stanford... I saw in your other post you said you had an interview with UPenn? I haven't heard from them so I'm starting to get worried.

Same here! I'll be visiting as well, driving over from WNY. First acceptance, so I'm excited, even if it came only moments before rejection from Carnegie Mellon and Stanford... I saw in your other post you said you had an interview with UPenn? I haven't heard from them so I'm starting to get worried.

I had an interview with them but to be honest, I was not impressed with the facilities that my POI had.  I have not heard back from their graduate admissions either, so don't worry.  To be honest, Cornell's program is regarded much higher for most research in engineering, so you're in a great position anyway :D

Looks like there's tons of Cornell acceptees on this thread! Congrats! It's my top pick for ChemE. Do you guys know that stats on the grad acceptance rates for Cornell engineering? I'd love to know what the numbers are.

Looks like there's tons of Cornell acceptees on this thread! Congrats! It's my top pick for ChemE. Do you guys know that stats on the grad acceptance rates for Cornell engineering? I'd love to know what the numbers are.

I was trying to find that too... so if anyone had that information, that would be awesome to share :)

Princeton announces results generally around Feb. 15th. Anybody has any info about this year?

I applied to Princeton, Stanford, UCLA, GWU and UCLA. GWU has already started sending admissions according to results search.

I really wanted to go to Cornell's visit day but it is the same date as USC's so I'm probably gonna have to decline, which means I'm most likely not gonna go to Cornell :( I hope this will help one of you guys get an acceptance though! good luck!

I really wanted to go to Cornell's visit day but it is the same date as USC's so I'm probably gonna have to decline, which means I'm most likely not gonna go to Cornell :( I hope this will help one of you guys get an acceptance though! good luck!

Out of curiosity, are you more interested in USC because of the research area?

Out of curiosity, are you more interested in USC because of the research area?

Thats half of it, theres a POI there that I really want to work with. The other half is purely because I know I will enjoy living in warm LA than in the cold isolated Ithaca haha

Cornell is one of my top choices so thanks! Good luck as USC if you choose to go there, I got the rejection on Friday but it wasn't my top choice, so life goes on.

Congrats! I got an email from UCLA saying they're missing my official transcripts and didn't tell me until now -_- so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for a decision. In other news, I got into UCSD and U Washington wooo! I also got a fellowship from USC so today was a great day :) good luck to everyone else!

Congrats! I got an email from UCLA saying they're missing my official transcripts and didn't tell me until now -_- so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for a decision. In other news, I got into UCSD and U Washington wooo! I also got a fellowship from USC so today was a great day :) good luck to everyone else!

Awesome day! Congrats on the multiple acceptances!

Also how often will they reimburse you for your travel expense to open house?

I think most big schools/programs do.  I haven't heard of any that wouldn't reimburse you for travel; however, I am sure some smaller programs may not be able to.  Sorry I don't know more, but hopefully that helps!