PhD in Mechanical Engineering Fall 2014

jkred

Got into UCSD. Seems like Princeton has given acceptances, and I heard nothing  :( . Bye bye my dream school..

how do you know they sent out acceptances. I'm pretty positive they have not.

how do you know they sent out acceptances. I'm pretty positive they have not.

Really?? I just saw two posts at the results search and became really depressed afterwards. I hope they haven't sent them yet..

Really?? I just saw two posts at the results search and became really depressed afterwards. I hope they haven't sent them yet..

I believe so, not positive. I'm an undergrad at Princeton, but I didn't apply to the grad program. I'm pretty sure the acceptances are sent out in bulk and sometime next week. Besides, I'm under the impression there's a lot of BSing going on on the results page for some reason. 

I believe so, not positive. I'm an undergrad at Princeton, but I didn't apply to the grad program. I'm pretty sure the acceptances are sent out in bulk and sometime next week. Besides, I'm under the impression there's a lot of BSing going on on the results page for some reason.

I got in on Feb 14. Email from Grad Coordinator and one of my POIs

Edited by Manifestin2010

Hey Manifestin2010, I saw that you got into UC Berkeley for ME and got invited to diversity day. I was wondering if you got an official acceptance and when diversity day is?

Hey Manifestin2010, I saw that you got into UC Berkeley for ME and got invited to diversity day. I was wondering if you got an official acceptance and when diversity day is?

It was an unofficial acceptance from UC Berkeley from the department. Diversity Day is March 15 - 17th.

Edited by Manifestin2010

So did you receive an official admission letter? Or was it a decision email from POI and the grad coordinator?   

So did you receive an official admission letter? Or was it a decision email from POI and the grad coordinator?   

It was an email. My POI says the grad school will send out official notification to all on Feb 18 and to expect a letter in the mail.

It was an email. My POI says the grad school will send out official notification to all on Feb 18 and to expect a letter in the mail.

Thank you very much for the exact date! I was hopeless after seeing acceptances in the results search. 

Any updates from other schools folks?

I have been briefly speaking with my POI at Duke MEMS and she said "the committee is pretty tight lipped until the end of FEB." which is sad and I am not a huge fan of waiting  :P

For those going to Cornell's visit day, I'm curious to see what you guys think of Sibley. I've been told that the program has been slightly declining the past few years due to some of the renowned profs retiring/about to retire (e.g., Pope) and being replaced by new ones, who don't seem to be producing that much research output...

Check your mail now. I've just got a letter - expected rejection :)

I am wait-listed by Princeton!! I do not know whether I have a real chance. Those who do not want to go there, please reject your offers!!  

No word from Berkeley yet. But I just got into UCLA! I had a mini freak-out when they said they were missing my official transcripts the day they started sending out acceptances. Anybody else who got in know if they are having a visit day? The email didn't mention anything about it.

Yeah I believe so too. Fortunately for me, I live in LA so it's not bad at all for me, but I can see where this could be an issue. I certainly wouldn't attend if I was OOS and had to cover the costs of travel and lodging.