Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here in quite awhile, but I got news this morning that due to increased funding, I will be offered an ETA in Taiwan! 

Is there already a Facebook group for this year's ETAs? 

Hi Everybody! ETA to Mexico here with a question on dependent visa issues. My husband will be joining me and plans to work remotely as a full-time, salaried employee with his current organization in the United States. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I believe this will qualify him for a non-lucrative temporary resident visa, but the Mexico Commission still hasn't sent through any info on visa. What are the tax/insurance implications of living in Mexico and earning income in the United States? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, this is also an ETA from Mexico. I'm sorry to be of no help for your situation CA88, I have no clue how visa situations work for dependents. I was checking the forum wondering if anyone accepted for Mexico has had any information on placement yet.

Is there anyone else who hasn't had any info yet from their embassy contacts? I have heard nothing about my placement or departure date and couldn't get that info over email yet. I know it will all work out but I'm getting kind of antsy, especially since if I have to buy a plane ticket last minute it's less money I will have to do other things like pay for housing. Just wondering if any other countries had a similar lack of information.

I finally received word that I will not receive my placement until mid-August. I am incredibly frustrated right now. I have no idea when I am leaving or where I am going. I can't complete my residence permit application until I have my placement location and dates. Also, my flight is going to be insanely expensive when I will most likely only have a 2-week notice to leave. I am trying to be understanding, but I am quickly losing patience over this. So, no. You're not the only one dealing with it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaaaaaah! Apparently Fulbright found more funding for their Brazil ETA program...and I was notified that I won one of the newly offered grants! Brazil here I come!! So happy to be joining the winner's circle! :) 

Congrats!  Do you know where they are sending you in the country?

• 6 months later...

Someone deleted all 2015-16 Study/Research applicants' data.  Only the ETAs are listed.

Does anyone have a back up of this data?  If so, thanks in advance for fixing this major blunder.