Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Ha! I just received the same e-mail. I guess now I know what my heart will feel like when I get the e-mail in January!

I actually went through the same feeling last year, and I've been sitting here anticipating the email about the survey. ;)

I got an e-mail from Fulbright, but it was only a survey. I was so excited for a moment!

Fortunately I had read somewhere in last year's thread that there would be a survey, and since the word "survey" was in the title, I only freaked out for a small moment...but a moment it was.

I got an e-mail from Fulbright, but it was only a survey. I was so excited for a moment!

Good to hear I wasn't the only one...thought it would say, hey thanks for applying, but no thanks, so take a survey instead!  :rolleyes:

Nope, nothing :(

If you received an email confirmation that you submitted your app, I wouldn't be worried. The survey does not really matter in terms of your application being approved or not.

If you received an email confirmation that you submitted your app, I wouldn't be worried. The survey does not really matter in terms of your application being approved or not.

For a moment, I was freaking out and then I saw your post whilst also checking my spam at the same and there it was.

For a moment, I was freaking out and then I saw your post whilst also checking my spam at the same and there it was.

I did not mean to alarm anyone! I'm glad you found it :)

It finally showed up!  Well, I actually got an email from my email provider's "Quarantine" saying that the message was held there because there was a high chance it was spam!  I was able to go ahead and release it though :P

and the list goes on.. sigh!!!!! I got it too..lol

I'm trying to just forget I applied because that way I won't get my hopes up for emails coming soon. Last year I heard from Vietnam the last week of APRIL. So I'm trying to forget and be calm! It's very hard though.

Ouch! Although I'm not sure if that is all that bad...if I'm going to have my dreams crushed, maybe it's better that they rip the band-aid off, so to speak.

Ouch! Although I'm not sure if that is all that bad...if I'm going to have my dreams crushed, maybe it's better that they rip the band-aid off, so to speak.

I am partial to this. Which is worse? Not getting selected or getting recommended only to be told to bugger off later?

I also hope they don't put the application status in the email subject line like last year.... You knew automatically whether you'd been accepted...without having to read the email. It was pretty harsh.

I am partial to this. Which is worse? Not getting selected or getting recommended only to be told to bugger off later?

Sorry, there's a bit of confusion and it is entirely my fault - I quoted the wrong post initially. My comment was meant in response to the one about the application status being in the email subject line. 

Either way, I think we can all agree that this is a stressful process. Best of luck, everyone!

Hiya folks.  I'm new (as you can probably tell).  I'm just here to join the collective nailbiting.  Hrm...where to start?  So, I'm Ben.  Senior wrapping up my B.S. in Community and Organizational Psychology with a minor in economics.  Applied to the UK Fulbright Partner grant at the University of Warwick.  I've been accepted to their MSc. program in Behavioural and Economic Science.  Anyone else applying in the UK or at Warick (please say no to Warwick.  :P)

Anyway, when are we thinking for notification?  Mid-Late January?