Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Hey, everyone! I've been reading this forever, so I'll just join in. I applied for an ETA to Turkey, and I made it to the final round. Two rounds ago, they found out around March 31. Last round, they found out around May 2... Now how does that work out?? I hate this wait!

Wishing the best of luck to everyone else :)

Welcome!! We will all make it through this wait somehow. At least we're in it together.

After going back and forth on which CLEA-approved program to apply to I decided to go with CET Harbin. The deadline is 3/1 (summer) and 5/1 (fall) compared to IUP's rolling admissions for summer and 1/15 for fall. If you apply after 1/15 there's a $50 late fee on top of the application fee. It's a very good program but the timing seems strange for Fulbright.

Anyone else applying for a CLEA? How was the application process?

I applied to the CLEA for India.  I took a self-evaluation test and then I met with a professor who was fluent in Hindi and spoke to her and did some reading and she evaluated me as well.  So far I have not heard anything else about it.  

Finally caved and created an account! I'm an applicant for a UK Study/Research Grant. My interview is on Monday, March 2nd. So to everyone who's already had their interview and is waiting on the results, I just wanted to let you know that interviews won't wrap up until early March. So mid-March is probably the earliest we can expect to hear back ....

Hello! Thanks for letting us know! Good luck with your interview! Which UK grant are you going for? A general UK or a partnership? And if partnership, which one?

Did people receive a confirmation that their transcript was received at the NY office? I'm assuming if we haven't heard anything, they've received it...is that fair?

i will assume this is what's going on. I'm hesitant to reach out and asked. I've read about some horror stories regarding transcript... :unsure:

Did people receive a confirmation that their transcript was received at the NY office? I'm assuming if we haven't heard anything, they've received it...is that fair?

i will assume this is what's going on. I'm hesitant to reach out and asked. I've read about some horror stories regarding transcript... :unsure:

I sent an email to Maria Mazer, IIE Program Manager for Europe/Eurasia, to see if I could confirm my transcripts had been received, and she replied:

"Due to the number of transcripts we are processing at the moment, we are not able to provide individual confirmation. If we do not received your transcript, we will be in touch and ask you to re-submit. In this case, no news is good news. "

So if we haven't heard anything, that probably means they've been received. 

Also, I asked her when UK notifications would be sent out, and she replied:

"I can’t say exactly when decisions will be announced because the Fulbright Commission in the UK is currently working on their final decisions. IIE makes most announcements in March and April."

Last year most notifications came out on 3/19, so given this year's early recommendation notification (1/16), I'm hoping final notifications will be sent out in the next 2 weeks! :)

I haven't heard anything either and I sent mine the day they sent out recommendation emails.... I'm going to assume they only notify us if they still need it. However, I wouldn't worry about reaching out.  In the recommendation email, it specifically said something along the lines of "We are unable to answer questions about whether or not we have received transcripts until after February 20th," which I'm assuming means after that, they are able to answer questions.

Mediaevalist,

Any word yet on an interview? My FPA says next week is the last week for interviews. I don't know whether this is speculation on her part or if she actually is privy to matters. Also, she reckons not getting interviewed is not necessarily bad. She knows people who were not interviewed but got the thing. I hope you hear good news.

Mediaevalist,

Any word yet on an interview? My FPA says next week is the last week for interviews. I don't know whether this is speculation on her part or if she actually is privy to matters. Also, she reckons not getting interviewed is not necessarily bad. She knows people who were not interviewed but got the thing. I hope you hear good news.

Nope - still no word. I emailed Maria Mazer, IIE Program Manager for Europe/Eurasia, and she said: "The Fulbright Commission does interview some candidates, but if you don’t hear from them about an interview it doesn’t mean that you are not being considered. They may not be interviewing for every partnership program."

I know that last year, decisions were sent on 3/19, so I'm hoping that we'll get notified in the next 2-3 weeks. *fingers crossed* What Partnership Award are you applying for? I applied to Exeter. Good luck to you! :)

Something I've been wondering about is the official transcript. I personally went to my school's registrar to have my transcript sent to the office in NYC before the deadline. I realize that the email in January said that they can't confirm to that they got each and every transcript, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking "oh no it probably got lost in the mail"/"they never got it" etc. Is anyone else feeling this way? I've never had an issue mailing a transcript before, so I guess I should just assume that they got it.

I applied to Leicester. I had my interview Monday and for some reason every time I think about it, I feel more and more pessimistic. I think am losing it.

I've heard great things about Leicester - what program are you going into? And congrats on your interview, I'm sure it went better than you think. I'm trying not to dwell on it so much, even though that's pretty much impossible. I'm looking for a part-time job and I'm going to a community college part-time to get a beginner's knowledge of French and Latin, since I'll be doing an MA in Medieval Studies. I'll keep you in my prayers - we've got this! *fist bump*

Something I've been wondering about is the official transcript. I personally went to my school's registrar to have my transcript sent to the office in NYC before the deadline. I realize that the email in January said that they can't confirm to that they got each and every transcript, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking "oh no it probably got lost in the mail"/"they never got it" etc. Is anyone else feeling this way? I've never had an issue mailing a transcript before, so I guess I should just assume that they got it.

Don't worry! They email you if they don't get your transcript, so no email means you're fine :)

I've totally been worrying about the same thing! I just keep telling myself that they received it and that I'm just being paranoid, haha.

I am literaly counting down the days. I am hoping that we hear earlier this year than last. It seems like we will * hopefully * becuase we got 1st round emails earlier than last year by 8 days or something around there. So maybe we will hear mid march instead of the end. Crossing fingers. I am definiatly checking my email way too much lol.

Don't worry! They email you if they don't get your transcript, so no email means you're fine :)

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a where-are-your-transcripts message yet this year? Or are they still likely processing through them / working through a grace period?

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a where-are-your-transcripts message yet this year? Or are they still likely processing through them / working through a grace period?

I sent an email to Maria Mazer, IIE Program Manager for Europe/Eurasia, to see if I could confirm my transcripts had been received, and she replied:

"Due to the number of transcripts we are processing at the moment, we are not able to provide individual confirmation. If we do not received your transcript, we will be in touch and ask you to re-submit. In this case, no news is good news. "

So if we haven't heard anything, that probably means they've been received. 

Also, I asked her when UK notifications would be sent out, and she replied:

"I can’t say exactly when decisions will be announced because the Fulbright Commission in the UK is currently working on their final decisions. IIE makes most announcements in March and April."

Last year most notifications came out on 3/19, so given this year's early recommendation notification (1/16), I'm hoping final notifications will be sent out in the next 2 weeks! :)

Check out what Medievalist said, should answer your question :)

Check out what Medievalist said, should answer your question :)

Um, not really -- I am wondering whether anyone actually has gotten a where-are-your-transcripts email yet this year, and not whether such emails exist in general.

(If someone has gotten an e-mail, that would tell us that they've gotten that far along in the process. But if nobody has gotten such an email yet, that means either that the transcripts of everyone following this thread have all been received, or that the Fulbright folks haven't quite started sending out those e-mails yet.)

So the question still stands: have any of you actually gotten a where-are-your-transcripts email yet?

Um, not really -- I am wondering whether anyone actually has gotten a where-are-your-transcripts email yet this year, and not whether such emails exist in general.

(If someone has gotten an e-mail, that would tell us that they've gotten that far along in the process. But if nobody has gotten such an email yet, that means either that the transcripts of everyone following this thread have all been received, or that the Fulbright folks haven't quite started sending out those e-mails yet.)

So the question still stands: have any of you actually gotten a where-are-your-transcripts email yet?

Uh I meant this question ->  Or are they still likely processing through them / working through a grace period?

Looks like they're still processing.

I have not received an email about transcripts, but I did receive a return receipt from the Fulbright office.