Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Well, it turns out I'm applying again this year for the Macedonia ETA. I applied last year and came up as an Alternate in the final round. I just started a doctoral program and will be ineligible for the ETA once I am awarded the Ph.D. Although that's not for a few years yet, I can only imagine that my fieldwork is going to make the ETA nearly impossible as time passes. Seize the moment, right? :)

Just received my affiliation letter from India, hooray! Today I'm planning on polishing everything and then will hopefully submit the app tonight...I just want to get it done and over with.

Did any of you guys receive a second email after you submitted your application? I got an email immediately after submitting saying how I would receive another email confirming that the Fulbright committee had received my application. I have not received any follow-up email so I am a bit concerned. According to the Fulbright website, I have submitted everything. I'm worried because of the quickly approaching deadline and because I submitted my application the last week of September. 

Just thought I'd check with you all!

Did any of you guys receive a second email after you submitted your application? I got an email immediately after submitting saying how I would receive another email confirming that the Fulbright committee had received my application. I have not received any follow-up email so I am a bit concerned. According to the Fulbright website, I have submitted everything. I'm worried because of the quickly approaching deadline and because I submitted my application the last week of September. 

I'm in the same boat! Submitted a few weeks back, got the e-mail from Embark, still waiting on the one from Fulbright...

I wonder if they'll all go out on the 14th?

Just came on here to ask the same thing!

My campus adviser said he submitted everything last week, so I figured maybe I would receive an email then, but I haven't.  Also very nervous about it, but I'm glad I'm not alone!

Actually, I spoke too soon.

I received an email from Fulbright this morning with the subject as "Fulbright Application Received."  This was after I had submitted my application to my adviser (on 9/30) and after he had submitted the rest of the materials (10/9).

Hope that helps in some way!

I submitted last week and just today got the second confirmation email. Imagine my excitement seeing "Congratulations..." as the first line. :rolleyes: Well, hopefully I get the same first line in January.

Additionally, I've started a google doc spreadsheet for this year, go ahead and add yourself, be cool, etc. 

I submitted last week and just today got the second confirmation email. Imagine my excitement seeing "Congratulations..." as the first line. :rolleyes: Well, hopefully I get the same first line in January.

Additionally, I've started a google doc spreadsheet for this year, go ahead and add yourself, be cool, etc. 

Thanks for making that! Added my info. :D

Now the real wait begins...oy!

Thanks for the spreadsheet!  Added in my info :)

Yep I got my confirmation today, too. I did email the Fulbright representative from my region though, just to double check, so that might have done the trick. 

I haven't gotten my second confirmation, but it could be because my FPA is still getting stuff in on her end. She says her deadline is tomorrow, but I'm hoping she finishes up today...I just don't want to screw anything up here!!

Adding my info to the spreadsheet in a hot minute.

Whaynes2

I think the next step after recommendation is an interview. I don't know if everyone is interviewed but it's my understanding that most people do an interview of some kind. As for the chances of being chosen after recommendation, that depends on factors like the project (eta, research/study, scholar program), country/region, and funds. I am applying to the UK so I have a massive 5% chance!

I still haven't gotten the second email! I'm worried... I called them to check but obviously they're probably getting a billion phone calls today so no one answered. I hope calling them isn't considered annoying and some kind of "minus 10 points for this one!" behavior... Oops.

Update: I called and they said all my stuff was in, but that lots of people only get one email. So for those of you who haven't gotten 2, you probably don't need to worry!