SSRC DPDF 2014

heyheyhey919

Oceanic Studies notifications have been sent; I am so so happy for this award! Best wishes to everyone who is pursuing his or her research goals.

Transcripts request came with the notification.

So at least two of six have sent back? Doesn't bode well for those of us who applied to the other four...

I think you are probably right... I'm mentally preparing for my rejection letter and thinking about where to apply next.

Congratulations to everyone who received the fellowship. Good job!!

I'm still waiting on State. As far as I know, only 2 of the 6 areas have returned, and they said before mid-April... So I don't know about "late in the game"... I think it just is what it is... post when you know :)

Also waiting on State Building and Governance as is another colleague at Berkeley.  Don't believe that anything has been sent out for that section at this time… Ugh. 

Congratulations greenumbrella! When one is expecting, things like fellowships seem much less important. Having little ones on the way puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?

Just got the rejection from State Building and Governance 10 minutes after calling the program officer this morning.  Looks like the rest of them will go out by Friday. Good thing is that you can request the feedback provided on your app.  My suspicion is that they were looking for more traditional political science.  I'm a Sociologist who studies law and social change in the American Prison System. So, probably not the best fit.  A good exercise nonetheless.  

Just got my rejection from State Building, too. I'm anthropology, so even further afield from mainstream political science, which I also figured would hurt my chances :/ Congrats to all who get acceptances!

Anyone know how I would go about getting my reviews?  I'm not sure if I checked a box that reserved that right . . .

I am a DPDF fellow from last year (2013). Just procrastinating while I scope the other message boards for updates on dissertation funding :)

It is not a box you check on the application--you just have to send an email to the DPDF staff and they are happy to email you your reviews. 

Edited by melhandsley